Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new turbo back MBRP the other night and while under there I found this oil on my front passenger frame and also around and dripping down the exhaust clamp at the bottom of my down pipe. It also is making it's way all the way through the exhaust and onto the tailpipe. Truck has 64,000 on it. Thinking about taking it to the dealer, but they told me they will charge 89.99 for each thing they have to look at. Please help me figure out where this is coming from.

Front passenger Frame:

Bottom of DP:

Coming out the Tailpipe:

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other way it could leak on the frame like it did is the glowplug O rings in the side of the head leak and will drip oil in that approx location. But as far as it actually coming out the tail pipe its the exhaust turbine seal in the turbo. Becuase any other oil leaking internally, IE crank case vent, or compressor side oil seal, the oil will run through the engine and burn.

If its the turbo they will replace the turbo core, and use your stock housings, they did mine a few months ago. Are you getting any blueish smoke like if you romp on it good, then come to an idle?
Thanks for the great info so far guys. Yes I do change my own oil so I know it's not being spilled everywhere. And Yes I do see some white smoke with a little blue in it. I'm taking it in ASAP. Can I hurt anything else driving like this until I can get it resolved. Thanks again for all the input thus far.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, that would be great if it did fall under the emissions warranty! If they did say something about my exhaust though, don't they have to prove that it was the cause for the damage?

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok,I found the manual and will take it with me, Thanks again everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.