Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the code to unlock the doors? I heard it was up inside the dash, where exactly is it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
North of that pic. Its up behind the radio. If you look straight up with your head on the fuel pedal and push some of the insulation out of the way you will see the tag

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does it look like? Would it be easier to stick a camera up there and take a pic?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Like Mike said, it is behind the radio, and the best way to get it is lay on your back with head on pedal. I used a mirror and flash light, plus a long screwdriver to move that white insulation out of the way to be able to see it. Keep in mind, you see it in a mirror, so it is backwards. I had to try it both directions... ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Look in your owners manual book first. Mine had a card with the code on it in there. If it's there it looks like it'll save you some effort

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it used, so no little card in there. I'll look for it today.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
need to find mine as well, i think you can also call Ford to get it based off your VIN. I have been too lazy to either look or call - LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
some ford dealers will charge for that. three around here wanted about $80.00 to look it up. just pull the headunit move the insulation and it is behind a tubular support easiest way is to use a mirror and get your head near the gas pedle and shine a flashlight. I had to put the light thru the hole where the radio was and I was able to push the insulation back and tuck it behind that support. It will be a 5 digit number

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, after about an 45 minutes of searching I found nothing.:( It was way to cramped even for me, I'm 5'6". If anyone could post some pics of what the thing looks like, or where exactly it is I would appreciate it. I pulled the fuse cover, I extended the cupholder, pulled down the driver's glove box, but still not enough room to really get in there. Please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is behind the Radio on the fire wall just a bit lower than the radio, you will have to move that white insulation. to remove the radio if you do not have the tool you can use two pieces of clothes hanger cut and bent to fit then stick them in the holes in the radio pull the ends away from each other and pull the radio out. The sticker will be behind a tubular cross bar that will keep you from seeing it thru the empty radio slot. that is why you need to get it from under the dash.

I will see if I can get a picture.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts