Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Where is everyone mounting their Edge Insight CTS monitors?

134715 Views 164 Replies 71 Participants Last post by  tunafish25
Think I'm gonna go ahead and order the Insight CTS for my truck. I'll probably do the A-pillar mount, but curious to see where everyone else is mounting theirs.
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

This is the new pod adapter haven't installed it yet though.
See less See more
^ Nice... We're did you get that?
Got the pod adapter from XDP, have all my other gauges on the CTS but wanted an analog boost gauge so went with oil pressure and boost.

http://www.xtremediesel.com/edgeproductscsctsgaugepillaradapter98004.aspx
I've got my CTS mounted over-head as well. I bought the mount from Manor Diesel. It requires the adapter and some modification as mentioned before in order for the cables to route correctly. Some problems that I've run into: The rearview mirror placement does not allow for the mount to fit above the mirror. I had to position the mount to the left side of the mirror. I realize I probably could've moved the mirror down, I just wasn't sure how I'd like it down any further on the windscreen. Also, I've used velcro to help keep the CTS secured in the mount. So far, the hot summer sun has murdered the velcro and it continues to pop out of the mount from time to time. I'm going to try the super industrial strenght kind to see if it makes a difference. I'll post some pictures of my mount as soon as I can.
3M Dual Lock is the way to go. That stuff sticks and doesn't let loose. When it comes to keeping the CTS screen attached to the mount, I used the Dual Lock around the perimeter where the mount touches the CTS. It sticks out a little bit from the mount, but it's not that bad. (and I'm OCD) Knock on wood, so far I haven't had the CTS come out of the mount un-commanded and that's with over 3000 miles of driving and many temperature changes.

Here are a few pics of the mount I took today, I'll get some more detailed and up close pics as soon as possible.

Attachments

See less See more
I did the pillar, just did today. Came out clean and I like where it sits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
161 - 165 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.