Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do diesel pumps in your area have a 'stop' point? In RI, most of the gas stations would let you pump whatever amount you desired for diesel. The gas station near my old house would only let you pump $75. The one down the street where I live now used to up until about a month ago. Now you can only pump $100. With fuel prices @ $4.99, a whole 100-freakin'-dollars won't fill your tank...what the crap!? I stopped @ the old gas station & the pumps still stop @ $75. Meaning you gotta pay the pump again to top 'er off. Maybe I'm just complaining, but I miss the days when you only had to pull up & do everything once.:dunno:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Some $75 and some $100 and I put $347 in the other day with no cut off ( it was not pay at the pump and the cashier told me she was freaking out until I came in to pay.)

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Majority of the ones by me cut off at 75 dollars. But that leaves me with 3/4 tank. I have talked to the fuel stations I frequent most and they have moved the cut off to 100 dollars.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Most of the ones here are $100 or no cut-off.

However the place i filled up at yesterday, had the cut-off set at $60:mad::mad:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I cut off when full. right in my back yard fuel pump!:woot:

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I finally found a station with no cutoff which made me happy but then i realised i had to pay 140 bones to fill up and i was pissed!! I guess ya just can't win LOL.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a friend who was going through Oklahoma this last week and pulled up to the pumps at the back where the semis fill up because he was pulling his 5er, and they would not even turn the pump on for him unless he was willing to put down a $500 deposit, so he pulled around front and blocked a couple of rows of pumps for the smaller vehicles and filled up without a deposit.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I use to get cut off at $100 but now I get cut off at $75. I try to fill up from a quarter tank now so I don't have to keep swiping.

·
4,488 Posts
Some time ago the fuel retailers where having a hard time collecting the funds from the credit card companys, so they implemented the dollar amount limit on credit card transactions. That was the explination I got at the fuel desk of a Flying J.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
i filled up a cummins all the way from empty and also filled up a fuel transfer tank in the bed at the same time for the construction company. the bill was $603 and it never cut off.

·
Registered
511 Posts
$75 at all the places in PA where I've filled up. The one Philly radio station was talking about this yesterday and they said some in the area are $50, one of those places I'd have to swip 3 times!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Cuts off at $75 around here. Too bad I need two of those :doh:

·
Registered
854 Posts
The place where I get b5 cuts off at $99...I stopped yesterday at the place where I usually get gas and their cut-off was $75 for the dino..

It does kinda suck you only get 3/4 tank without restarting

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
so far i try to keep her above half a tank and the cutoff where i go to is 83.00. wtf was somebody high when they decided that!?!?!?! so i usually have to swipe twice if i drop below half

·
Registered
521 Posts
I use the RV island at the Flying J in Phoenix and it does not have a cut off.

Of course after 78 gallons. It hurts.

·
Registered
786 Posts
If I prepay at the shell I got to here, I get cut off at 100. If I don't no cutoff.

???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts