Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 excursion 6.0. Cold start up it starts quickly but runs rough for a few mins. After that it runs perfect, no smoke or leaks and idles fine. I just replaced both batteries and ordered Rev X for the oil to help with sticky injectors.

Where do you add the Rev X? I was just gona pout it down where you fill the oil but seen this video for the 6.0 on YouTube

I looked on Rev X website but couldn't find out. Where does everyone add Rev X? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Change the oil and filter, dump it in along with the oil

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Dump it in right where you add oil.

FYI the guy in that video is a complete fugging moron

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. I figured I could just pour it in where you add oil. Just wanted to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Oh and if your oil change was recent no need to change oil again before you add it

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Yeah do yourself a favor and not watch or listen to anything that Bill Huit has to say. He is a complete douche bag. If you want to watch youtube videos on your 6.0l powerstroke then watch rusty aka srmastertech on youtube. He has some awesome videos about just about anything with your 6.0.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I could be doing it wrong but i just dump my oil and rev-x into where the oil filter goes because its a bigger easier hole to hit. Its all going to the same place in the end anyhow.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The only reason I watch his videos is to press the dislike button at the end. Lol He is an idiot.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I could be doing it wrong but i just dump my oil and rev-x into where the oil filter goes because its a bigger easier hole to hit. Its all going to the same place in the end anyhow.
I never even thought of that... Now I'm curious if there's any reason not to? I don't see why you couldnt.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
WOW. Cannot believe that this dude is actually giving this advice for adding Rev-X to the motor. The makers of Rev-X ought to smack him for this!

Surprised that he didn't suggest dropping the fuel tank to add the fuel additive. :rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts