Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an08 Fx4 and it has the big center console and the fold down cup holders on the dash where I would Like my cb but I can't put it there.... Where is everyone else putting these?

2004 f250, dual 5" chrome stacks 285/75/16 at 10 ply, Vivian's looney (awesome) duplicolor spray bed liner on my rockers and fender lip 10" high

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a small Uniden that I mounted where the pull out ash try is at. I like it cause it's out of the way and easy to get at.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I dk if if I can get mine there it's a cobra 29... I thought about mountin it inside the center console but I don't think I am

2004 f250, dual 5" chrome stacks 285/75/16 at 10 ply, Vivian's looney (awesome) duplicolor spray bed liner on my rockers and fender lip 10" high

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Here is where mine is. It is an LCD Cobra 29. I have it put in place with double stick so no drilling in the dash

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Is your egt 666?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I noticed that after I took the picture... I think it was changing around because I was pulling a small grade at the moment... lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I asked my contractor if he'd be interested in building a console for me, as my fabrication skills aren't the best as a carpenter. I told him kinda what I wanted, and left it at that. He built it from walnut. and stained it to closely match the Lariat 'faux wood". The new console attatches to the factory floor console so there are no holes in the truck when it's time to sell. We mounted a Motorola CM300 and a Cobra CB with weather. Mounted the Wilson Sleek to the side using a pedistal mount I had from another install. Ford makes installs on the new trucks easy with pass through wires on the firewall. Radios are powered direct from the battery. Lights are operated via factory upfitter switches....no need to install relays as this truck is equipped from the factory. Antennas are mounted on the bed rack taken and modified from my '08 F150.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Has anyone mounted there's in the space where the sunroof controls would go if you had one

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bet if you can send me a drawing and enough money, I can make any custom wood CB housing you can conjure. Sounds like fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts