Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 f250 and i just purchased a dual whip CB setup with the 50th anniversary cobra cb radio. i have a couple ideas, but im curious as to where you guys mounted it. im thinking about mounting it on the fold down cupholders under the dash, or mounting it to the overhead console. any ideas? any pics??

· Premium Member
1,727 Posts
if i eventually get one i think im gonna put it in my over head storage console to its out of the way. Id be curious to see where other people put them as well!

· Registered
530 Posts
I couldn't do that with my sunroof. I would also like to see what people are doing with there CB's also. What about the antenna's also? Should ask that too.

· Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I think people mounted them in their truck beds right next to the rear windows? Thats what i've seen in pics and stuff. But others might have a better set up.

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Here is my set up. I screwed it to the "hook," figured if I ever needed to take it out I could find a new hook with no holes in it pretty easily, but I plan on only taking it out if I ever get rid of the truck. Not anytime soo:thumb:n

· Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Looks good man!

· Registered
28 Posts
I have the Cobra 75WXST and it works great for me. Mounted under cup holder and all the controls in the mike. I have the external speaker mounted on the B pillar just behind my left ear. I have a rack on the truck roof so I mounted the antenna on the left front fender with a mount that goes between the hood and fender. The antenna is a Firestik.

Attachments

· Registered
530 Posts
Thanks guys!!!

· Registered
334 Posts
I ahve the smaller Cobra. It is mounted to the change holder/ashtray near your right leg. I took the cover off and the bracket for the CB will mount right to it. If i ever get rid of the truck I can put the cover back on and you cant tell.
The antenna is Firestik on a magnet base.
I just open the rear door and put the antenna on top. Has worked great.
My brother tried to have a tall whip on his truck mounted to the side of the inside of the bed. Reception sucked. So he did what I did and it is much better. Might be the fifthwheels causing interference, hell I dont know.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
There is a place here in CO that makes a special bracket for Cb's that allow you to stand them straight up and down and or angle them how ever you want by bolting the CB to the floor. I had the set up on my last truck. I will look and see if I can find pictures... It will keep you from putting holes in your dash.

· Registered
268 Posts
I know there are a few posts on this topic but I ended up creating a bracket for my CB. My dash had the pull down cup holders and I originally mounted the CB to that put it was too heavy and always flopped open teh cup holder when I hit a bump. I ended up pulling the metal hinge pin out of the cup holder and removing it. I had a local metal shop build me a angled mount out of steel that I painted. it's kinda hard to see in these pics but i think it tunred out nice. i wanted something i could reach while i'm driving to adjsut the knobs on the cb without moving too much and affecting my driving. this does the trick perfectly. here is a picture of the mount i had made:

here is a close up:

I will get some pictures of it mounted in the truck. the color i used is Duplicolor Metallic in Charcoal. it's not a perfect match to the interitor by ay means but i think it goes wiht the interior pretty well. the guy charged me 20 bucks to make it if anyone wants one.

· Registered
268 Posts
here's some pictures of the finished product:

· Registered
216 Posts
i have a siren in my truck. its about the same size as a CB. I dont have an overhead console so i unscrewed my sun visor clips and made a bracket that is is like a U with a flair on each end to get pinched between the headliner and the clip. No drilling at all. and its not that much in the way.

· Registered
268 Posts
i have a siren in my truck. its about the same size as a CB. I dont have an overhead console so i unscrewed my sun visor clips and made a bracket that is is like a U with a flair on each end to get pinched between the headliner and the clip. No drilling at all. and its not that much in the way.
do you have a picture of it? i'm curious to see that setup.

· Registered
216 Posts
not now. Ill take one when i get around to it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.