Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
yup moved north to Didsbury, spent 7 weeks being an "Ice Road Trucker" (BORING,DAMN BORING) Now relaxing in Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks,planned and paid for mostly before things went for poo. Sherman is off at "Iron Mountain Diesel in Cremona getting a heart transplant. should be running when I get home. horse traded the rest of a wreck in trade for getting the motor installed in Sherman.
meh good luck on oil doing anything in less than several years, between a prime minister and a premier, who hate oil and private business, I don't think we're getting any breaks anytime soon.
An inevitable truth about the ME is that wars happen. A new one will kick off sooner or later that threatens supplies and oil will be up above $60 again.

I only remember Didsbury because that's where the pool and hospital are. not much else to that town from what I recall.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
These days Didsbury is a pretty happening place. Carstairs on the other hand just wants to be bedroom community, and is almost proud of not supporting local startup businesses.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yup moved north to Didsbury, spent 7 weeks being an "Ice Road Trucker" (BORING,DAMN BORING) Now relaxing in Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks,planned and paid for mostly before things went for poo. Sherman is off at "Iron Mountain Diesel in Cremona getting a heart transplant. should be running when I get home. horse traded the rest of a wreck in trade for getting the motor installed in Sherman.
meh good luck on oil doing anything in less than several years, between a prime minister and a premier, who hate oil and private business, I don't think we're getting any breaks anytime soon.
Ya I know but we can hope right...

We do Puerto Vallarta every year for 3 weeks, rent a condo with our family and Friends just north of PV in Bucerias just got back March 28th, love it there. You got to try N-Wok resteraunt if you have not already. Great service, food and the best Margaritas

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
... is almost proud of not supporting local startup businesses.
Glad to see some things don't change. >:) The only local business that wasn't rabidly crushed by the locals was the Chinese food joint across from the post office.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yeah we're down in neuvo Vallarta at the grand Mayan definitely had some good food. 2 bedroom suite with half kitchen in trade for our Fairmont week. Apparently to book it over the counter our rooms run 2k a night
That restaurant had some of the crappiest Chinese or whatever it was in carstairs. Good riddance to it.

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
Glad to see some things don't change. >:) The only local business that wasn't rabidly crushed by the locals was the Chinese food joint across from the post office.
I have never been to Canada, but seriously, the only successful "local" place is a Chinese place???

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have never been to Canada, but seriously, the only successful "local" place is a Chinese place???
Chinese food places are general a small-town staple. Every small town in Canada over 500 people will have one. Probably came about because we used the Chinese to build all our railroads and highways in the late 1800s and early 1900s, so every community has a Chinese family.

You are right, it was garbage. Everything tasted fishy. But, it was the only successful "local" business.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts