Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valley is dry and everywhere underneath the fuel bowl. Top of motor is dry.
After cleaning everything up, this is where I continue to leak. Between the block heater and the exhaust pipe. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
oil or fuel? isnt there an oil and.or fuel cap on the end of the heads? someone help me on that one. it could be your fuel line going into the head.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is fuel. And I recently put a new fuel line seal on the drivers side going into head. Been creeping up on it as far as tightening is concerned. Wouldn't there be fuel up top if that line was leaking? I've had someone steady throttle it and can't see any leak even at like 3k rpms.I am f'in frustrated. No other leaks anywhere else

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
thats the only thing i can think of. hopefully someone else has an idea. lol wish the underside of mine looked that clean!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How tight should I make that line anyways?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the goddamn leak!! It is leaking at the elbow that goes into the head where the fuel line connects. It is loose. So now what?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I tighten the elbow in place without having to move the collector pipe? Helpful hints? Anyone else do this? Thanks Josh

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update fixed the leak:woot: cleaned her up real good and put some good ol' JB Weld on it. then I put some red high heat silicone over that. no more leaky

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
update fixed the leak:woot: cleaned her up real good and put some good ol' JB Weld on it. then I put some red high heat silicone over that. no more leaky
i know the leak is fixed,but i gotta add somthin here...ive tangled with this lil basterd also,a few times in fact...that red high heat simtex or whatever it is will break down over a SHORT period.(i tried that stuff) go to ford and get the ta-31 rtv silicone sealant,its the stuff you put your oil pan on with.its 15$ and well worth it..okay,if your talkin about the steel line that comes off the banjee bolt under the turbo into the lilbasterd elbow then yes, she can be a b1tch,that thing takes no sealent on the threads it does however take a funny lookin o-ring,the o-ring fits up in the female part on the steel line,then connects to the lil basterd elbow...was the lil brass elbow cracked,or was it leaking out from arond that fitting???

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was loose at the elbow where it threads into the head. What a pita that little F'in elbow

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess I spoke too soon cuz that mother f'er is still freakin leaking some. So I cleaned it again and wadded some more jb weld on the spot where it was still leaking a bit. Let's see what happens

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a thought.what if I got another elbow fitting put it on the end of the wishbone line then ran a fuel line from that to the elbow in the head and used clamps? Is this possible? Turn the elbow on the head enough to tighten.then clamp both ends of fuel line

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nobody has anything to say:dunno:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't believe not one ounce of help on here. 200 views nothing. What a let down. Thx for nothing

·
Registered
170 Posts
um im not sure but i think the lines goint to the heads are high pressure...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts