Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
with the 6.0 i had i plugged it in blow 32 deg cause she didnt like to start much if it dropped much below that when do most people plug these trucks in?
and on my truck i dont even see a block heater plug. i found a 3 prong plug not a house plug but a slim rectangle plug with 2 prongs close and one prong by it self, looks like this: . . .
is that part of it so i can just buy the front portion of the cord that connects to that?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Sounds like you need the rest of the ford with the "house plug" end as you called it. I dont plug my truck in until it starts dropping below 30 consistantly at night. Even then I have my truck on a timer, so it turns the power on 3-4 hrs before I leave. That is plenty of time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I wasn't sure if that was the plug that ran to the block heater or not.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
This truck starts a whole lot better than the 6.0. That's for sure

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i plug mine in once its low 20's and below otherwise i just let the plugs warm for 10 seconds or so lol i dont have to plug mine in until its like below zero i just choose to cause i can get moving a bit faster.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I also start plugging in my truck once it starts getting into the low 30's. It starts easy but it warms up alot faster when its plugged in and also the cab heats up faster :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Once it starts getting under 30 for me, usually for 3 hours. When it starts getting below 10 I set the timer for 4 hours instead.

While below 30 it could probably start without the block heater pretty easily, it's probably better for the engine if it's already warm.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have never plugged mine in starts just fine even at -25 celcius

1 - 9 of 9 Posts