Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent spartan my engine and transmission codes last night so I should be receiving my tunes today. When do I actually remove the dpf pipe during the whole process?? Tunes installed 1st and then remove or remove the pipe 1st and then install the tunes or does it even matter???
Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just make sure to remove it after you have the new tunes loaded.. BUT don't drive it very much, if any before removing it after you've loaded the tunes. It will plug up the DPF in short order.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
When you are ready...it does not matter if you tune first then remove, or remove first then tune..

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
what is the dpf??? I dont understand the lingo.:doh:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
the dpf is the diesel particulate filter, the new 6.4's have them and they are very restrictive and power robing. Not to mention kills your mpg's.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Diesel Particulate Filter... It is to catch all of the soot the 08's emit and make them greener :) You don't have to worry, only 2008's and up have them!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
These forums have a 'SEARCH' feature for a reason, I suggest using it! :)
Thanks for the input pr1ck.

To everyone else, thank you for answering my question. It was much appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
man these things are designed for people to talk about things if you don't want to be a part of their conversation then don't but don't attack poeple. it just not savvy

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Yea I apologize for asking a question and trying to learn something....some people are such jerks.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Yea I apologize for asking a question and trying to learn something....some people are such jerks.
Gentlemen lets not go there...... these forums are for information, not to poke at each other or call people names, the same question will be asked over and over again.....if you don't want to answer then don't someone else will, stay on topic.....you have been warned

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Gentlemen lets not go there...... these forums are for information, not to poke at each other or call people names, the same question will be asked over and over again.....if you don't want to answer then don't someone else will, stay on topic.....you have been warned
Sorry about that, I'm sure you understand my frustration.

·
Registered
76 Posts
gahanna....
Learn to use SPELLCHECK.....lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
gahanna....
Learn to use SPELLCHECK.....lol
hehe. It was intentionally misspelled in an attempt to provoke laughter, which failed badly.

I apologize to the gentleman whom I told to use the search function, I should have worded it differently. I was only trying to help him find tons of information which we have all written over the past year, including all the DPF removal step-by-step pictorials that many of us contributed just a few months ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts