Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many miles people are getting out of their brake pads. I've got 52K on mine.

On my '97 I only got 60K out of the fronts but, 90K out of the rears.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
i have 97k on my 08' and i am going to change them out probably this week, at 65k i had a guy measure them and he said they still had about a little under half life, so i might go pick some up and swap em out after work onday this week

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just bought a CPO '08 F-350. Most wear parts on a CPO under 50% have to be replaced. Truck had 34,700 miles on it and they replaced the front brake pads.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
cpo? what might that mean?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just wondering how many miles people are getting out of their brake pads. I've got 52K on mine.

On my '97 I only got 60K out of the fronts but, 90K out of the rears.
Got 94K out of front pads and roters and 108K on rear pads. Truck is 08 F350 DRW.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have 63k on my 08 and the dealer says that at the next oil change (66k)that I'll need new pads. Did you guys change rotors as well when you changed pads or do you expect the rotors to have enough material for another 60k+ miles?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have 63k on my 08 and the dealer says that at the next oil change (66k)that I'll need new pads. Did you guys change rotors as well when you changed pads or do you expect the rotors to have enough material for another 60k+ miles?
Well anytime you replace the pads the rotors need to at least be machined if not replaced. If not the new pads will wear into the existing grooves and they wear a lot faster. So I'd just measure the thickness of the rotor and find what the minimum thickness number is on the rotor and do the math, I think you'd be fine turning the rotors with we arn't warped

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got 95k and haven't touched either of the fronts or rears. I don't tow that much. Maybe at a 100k just to know they are legit again. . . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts