Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 f-250 with stock 16" wheels. I'd like to get a set of the factory 20's off an 05 or newer 250-350. Is the bolt paterns the same? Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
i think backspace is a little different and they rub on the leafs

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Backspacing is different isn't it?

I'm pretty sure it wont work because of the backspacing.

I could be mistaken tho

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the actual bolt pattern is that same? Just the BS is different. Could you adjust the steering stops so it didnt hit the leafs at full lock?

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I suppose if you are creative with the right tools that is very possible. It will cause some serious maneuverability problems though.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose if you are creative with the right tools that is very possible. It will cause some serious maneuverability problems though.
Thats the only thing i'm worried about. How much less i would actually be able to turn the wheel. How much can it be though, even with the coils theres still a control arm then in the way:dunno:

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I know my 05 is already a lot more maneuverable than yours and if you take some of your steering away it's only going to get worse. I just don't think it would be worth it for a different look. There is an other option of wheel spacers but I don't know anyone that recommends them. To be honest with you stock 20's seem to go for a grand or so. You can get aftermarket market wheels for around the same price depending on style and they will fit better.

·
Registered
223 Posts
if you four link your front end theyll work but you better love those wheels cuz it sure isnt gonna be cost effective

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any ideas on 20's that would work on an 03 or 04? how would they have to differ.. be set out from the truck ferther.. I dont know much about rims but i saw a truck last night with 20in rims with 325's on it and it looked grate.. would i have to do some sort of lift?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so i actually put my dads stock 20's on my 03 to see if they fit. They rub slightly at full lock, there are a couple of options i can think of. One put them on and just dont turn all the way. 2 put on spacers, anyone not recommend this? Or 3 put on a smaller tire. Any ideas? And any ideas where to buy them? E-bay has them but few and far between and i can only find 1 at a time. No sets of 4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts