Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 37x13.5x18 tires on 18 MT wheels 8x170 lug on a 1999 superduty fit on a2005 F350? Not clearance but will they clear the calipers?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
yeah they will fit but the offset will be different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not very tire smart, what difference does the offset make, we are just buying these temporarily until we can buy 37x13.5x20 Toyos, selling our 38x15.50x20 MT mtz due to alot of wandering when trailering toy, been told 15.50 is the problem, have replaced everything in frontend,even dual steering stabilizers and tightened steering box adjustment.Love the look of the 38's but cant deal with back and forth wandering

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
thought you were talking about the rims clearing the calipers. thats what you asked isnt it?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Wont work :doh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Thanks, Didn't mean to ramble, May have buyer for Tires on the truck and didnt want buy the ones off the 1999 and be stuck with ones that don't fit. Appreciate the info

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave, Why not? Have had 2 people say they will and 2 say won't, These are not stock wheels off '99, they are MT's 18's with 8x170 lug

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Dave, Why not? Have had 2 people say they will and 2 say won't, These are not stock wheels off '99, they are MT's 18's with 8x170 lug
I should rephrase that. Depending on backspacing they will work. Can he give you that info

·
Registered
34 Posts
don't really like hijacking, but its better than starting a new thread everytime. The search function (imagine that!) brought me to this thread. Most of the threads found reguarding the factory wheel swaps between the different suspensions (i.e. leaf spring trucks vs coil spring trucks) involve the newer wheels on the older trucks. Always the same answer: spacer required. But what about the other way? would the older wheels on the newer trucks stick out too far? it's not much different than say a 10 in wide aftermarket wheel with all 3 extra inches of width to the outside. the center of that example would be about where the factory leaf wheels would end up on the newer coil trucks.

so, has anybody put the older wheels on the newer trucks? I've got a lead on some factory steel 17s (read:free) that i was hoping to beadlock, possibly even double beadlock. but they are off an older leaf spring (front suspension) truck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
don't really like hijacking, but its better than starting a new thread everytime. The search function (imagine that!) brought me to this thread. Most of the threads found reguarding the factory wheel swaps between the different suspensions (i.e. leaf spring trucks vs coil spring trucks) involve the newer wheels on the older trucks. Always the same answer: spacer required. But what about the other way? would the older wheels on the newer trucks stick out too far? it's not much different than say a 10 in wide aftermarket wheel with all 3 extra inches of width to the outside. the center of that example would be about where the factory leaf wheels would end up on the newer coil trucks.

so, has anybody put the older wheels on the newer trucks? I've got a lead on some factory steel 17s (read:free) that i was hoping to beadlock, possibly even double beadlock. but they are off an older leaf spring (front suspension) truck.
Some 17's will fit the 05 and up truck depending on the backspace, I dont know if stock ones will. Its a caliper clearance issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts