Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm wanting to get my truck to stick out and I'm looking for opinions on wheels or lift or both. But I wanna stay in the 1500-1800 range. And the wheels will be black I do not like chrome. I would like some pics of your guys set ups ajd really eould like to see what aftermarket wheels look like on a stock height sitting truck.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Check out the Sig, rims are half inch taller and aluminum, but tires are 33's

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the tires rub? And this truck rides like a covered wagon is there anything to help??

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
New shocks possibly? And I have zero issue with rub or clearence, only modification is the wench bumper, but a stock one would be fine with these tires, I hear 35's will fit under a 350 with no issue

What do you plan to run anyway?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
you could do a set of the mickey thompson classic II's in black and a 3" or 5" RSK and be at about 900-1100 IIRC. that leaves you some spending $$ on bigger tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what rsk means could you give me that in detail like what to look up on internet. But if I get a lift i plan on 18" wheels 35" tires no lift 17" wheels and a size up tires

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I don't know what rsk means could you give me that in detail like what to look up on internet. But if I get a lift i plan on 18" wheels 35" tires no lift 17" wheels and a size up tires
RSK is a reverse shackle kit. if you're wanting to run 35's you can just do the 3" kit. it reverses the shackle at the front on the leaf springs. i couldn't give you a lot of details cause i haven't looked into it a lot. talk to cary with CT performance. he knows anything you need to know about them. from what i've seen, they are pretty simple to install and give you a good lift for a reasonable price. it also gives you the oppurtunity to upgrade to super duty springs. if i remember right, i think its around $400-ish. with that, the wheels (550), and tires (1000) you'll be right around the top of your price range for the whole set up. :thumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. I had no idea about any of that.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Is your truck an f250 or 350? Kause the rsk is for either a 350 or a 250 with a sas done.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's an f250. And I don't think the sas was done but i dont know wgay that is

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Is your truck an f250 or 350? Kause the rsk is for either a 350 or a 250 with a sas done.
oh, i didn't know that. see, i told you i didn't know a ton about them. :hehe:

It's an f250. And I don't think the sas was done but i dont know wgay that is
SAS=Solid Axle Swap

The 250's have the TTB axle up front and the 350's have the D60.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the 4x4 were solid axles?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
im pretty sure u can run an rsk w/o a sas since you can reuse the same leafs, but my truck has 4" lift springs and will reuse them regardless, or do a 5" rsk with sd b and v codes

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
thats interesting...honestly, i would just call cary and get all the info for it. he'll answer anything you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts