Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 scab no leveling kit think I'm goin to run xd diesel wheels with 35 inch toyo mt my question is witch offset will work -24 ?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
They will stick outside the fender about 2.5" or so and with no leveling kit they will rub like u wouldn't believe. I have -12 offset with 1.5" leveling kit and 33" tires and it rubbed a little bit until I pulled the inner fender back a bit. Stock offset is +44 and u could run 35's on a stock offset with no leveling but with a big offset it puts it closer to the fender. If u get those rims I suggest a 2.5" leveling kit. Let me know if ya have any other questions

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
going to need a positve offset and i think the diesels are 10inches wide. so if you arent going to lift anytime soon or level...better pick a different wheel or smaller diameter tire. I just put a 4.5 inch icon on my truck last weekend and finally mounted my 35s. i have a 9 inch wide wheel with a -12 offset and i wouldnt want to be any wider or taller to keep functional without trimming. ALSO have a 2009 f250

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Without knowing the rim width, it's impossible to tell EXACTLY how far they will stick out. If it's 10" then it will have a 4.6" deep backspace. If it's 8" then it will have a 3.5" deep backspacing. As close as anyone can guess, it will stick out 2.5-3.5 inches. (05s and up need 6~6.5" of backspace).

This is EXACTLY why I HATE offset as a wheel measure. Two different width rims with the same offset ET will have a different backspacing. A 4.5" backspace is the same whether the rim is 8" or 15" wide. Play with rim specs on the link below to see what I mean.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
what about 20x10 -25 offset american force wheels with 35s and and 2.5 leveling kit think it will rub? if so how bad

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
what about 20x10 -25 offset american force wheels with 35s and and 2.5 leveling kit think it will rub? if so how bad
That's only half a question. The othe half would've included what year your truck is. Axle width changed in 05 changing proper backspacing numbers.

sent from a dumb guy with a smart phone

·
Registered
65 Posts
my sig states that i have a 08

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
my sig states that i have a 08
My phone app doesn't show signatures. Damn phone.

Using the link I posted above, input your numbers, 05 & ^ use 6~6.5 backspace, if that wheel has a 4.5 backspace then it will stick out 2~2.5".

Hopefully this helps.

sent from a dumb guy with a smart phone

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
for street use you should be fine, might rub on bumps and turning but for the most part you will be ok. If you ever go off road then you will need a smaller offset or wheel. A 10" wheel is big for these trucks without a bigger lift. A 9" wheel is perfect for these truck even with a - offset.:beer:

·
Registered
65 Posts
thanks guys. lookin at toyos any suggestion on tires?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Backspace vs offset is the measure of the same point from 2 different perspectives. Either one can get you there with some additional info.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Backspace vs offset is the measure of the same point from 2 different perspectives. Either one can get you there with some additional info.
Correct. Only real diff is Offset is exact, while backspacing is approx.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
First, let me say that there is more than one way to skin a cat, I don't think one is anymore accurate than the other.

That being said, let's but all BS and name calling aside. I would really like to know where that half inch comes from when converting offset to inches for a backspace relationship. I'll give two examples that I bounced off of the website that I referenced. Maybe I am missing something but here's where offset loses me when trying to calculate it.

1. A 10 inch wheel with a 0 offset SHOULD have a 5 inch backspace (10/2=5) but it's 5.5"

2. A 9 inch wheel with a -12 offset should have a 4 inch back space.
9X25.4=229mm wide. 229/2=114.5 (rim center). minus 12 for offset would be 102.5 (4") but the backspace is 4.5"

In both there is an unexplained 1/2". Is the wheel lip added into this equation? This would make sense because width is measured from inside lip to inside lip. I just proved that I can do 3rd grade math, so where is that 1/2 inch coming from (or going)?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
not trying to derail his hread or yalls topic at hand. but i got a question. i have a 08 f250 im going to do a 8 inch lift. was looking at 22x11 xd badlands with a -44 off set. running a 37x13.50x22 tire. you guys think that would look ok?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
First, let me say that there is more than one way to skin a cat, I don't think one is anymore accurate than the other.

That being said, let's but all BS and name calling aside. I would really like to know where that half inch comes from when converting offset to inches for a backspace relationship. I'll give two examples that I bounced off of the website that I referenced. Maybe I am missing something but here's where offset loses me when trying to calculate it.

1. A 10 inch wheel with a 0 offset SHOULD have a 5 inch backspace (10/2=5) but it's 5.5"

2. A 9 inch wheel with a -12 offset should have a 4 inch back space.
9X25.4=229mm wide. 229/2=114.5 (rim center). minus 12 for offset would be 102.5 (4") but the backspace is 4.5"

In both there is an unexplained 1/2". Is the wheel lip added into this equation? This would make sense because width is measured from inside lip to inside lip. I just proved that I can do 3rd grade math, so where is that 1/2 inch coming from (or going)?
The back space is measured from the locating face to the back side of the rim, not the locating face for the tire. So the Outside of the rim, not the inside. That is where you get the extra 1/4" or 1/2".

Thats why I am saying its not exact, it is rounded to the nearest 1/4".

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
not trying to derail his hread or yalls topic at hand. but i got a question. i have a 08 f250 im going to do a 8 inch lift. was looking at 22x11 xd badlands with a -44 off set. running a 37x13.50x22 tire. you guys think that would look ok?
Better have some big fender flares! If You like the wheels sticking out that far, it will look good.

IMO I don't like the look of trucks with wheels sticking out that wide.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Better have some big fender flares! If You like the wheels sticking out that far, it will look good.

IMO I don't like the look of trucks with wheels sticking out that wide.
i def dont want fender flares, i dont want them sticking out crazy far. just maybe 3 to 4 inches outside the fender. so it can have a "fat" stance if that makes since. im dumb with all these wheel offset stuff. i just want a nice stance. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
just maybe 3 to 4 inches outside the fender. so it can have a "fat" stance if that makes since.

I'm not so sure you understand how far 3-4 inches outside the fender really is....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts