Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,249 Posts
It don't look bent...not that it isn't.... and I'm not doubting that could be the problem. But if it is, I wonder how that would affect it, and I'm not saying it can't, I am looking to see if someone could explain so I understand how it would affect the hub. Only because on my truck its a full floating axle, the spindle doesn't carry the weight, its the bolts on the back of the hub attached to the knuckle carrying the weight, older axles that are semi floating has a nut on the front and load is carried on the axle.... the only time it is on my truck is engaged with the axle is when its in 4x4 is. Which is rarely ever, and only for enough time to get out of a muddy spot in my pasture. I'm just trying to understand, or maybe someone has the 'right' answer, or can tell me how wrong my thinking is. Driving me mad trying to figure this out.
The spindle is on the knuckle. It's what the bearings seat to but now I'm thinking you're right about the float type.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are running high positive offset wheels on the front will definitely shorten the life of your unit bearings because of the added leverage on the outer bearing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If you are running high positive offset wheels on the front will definitely shorten the life of your unit bearings because of the added leverage on the outer bearing.
Very good point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts