Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my worst nightmare occurred last month when I walked outside in the morning to find my truck GONE.

It was found a few weeks later on blocks, thank goodness, with only a few parts missing. All in all, could have been much worse. My insurance company is finally sending me a check and I'm going to go ahead and put 325/70/R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on her. I bought the truck with a 6 inch lift and had wanted to do this tire upgrade for a while.

I don't want to pay to replace the Ford 17x8 rims with the exact same OEM rims. They looked great, but are too expensive and a little narrow to squeeze those 35x13inch tires onto. Instead, I am looking at cheaper aftermarket rims, narrowed down to KMC and Pro Comp.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

What amount of backspace and what bolt pattern do I need to purchase for my 2006 F-350 Lariat CC LB? I know I have 8 lugs, but I don't know if I need 8x170mm or 8x6.5"..... or something else entirely. Also, I have ZERO idea about backspace. All I know if that my previous tires were way too small for my truck with a 6" lift.

All help or comments are appreciated. I have used this forum as a reference on several projects.

·
Registered
313 Posts
fords is 8x170mm the backspacing im not sure on

·
Registered
916 Posts
Some where around -12 depending on width of rim you choose. Maybe even -24 on a 10" wide wheel. I'm not a tire expert though. I just bought some 20x10 with 35" tires. They are still on order but I will check backspace in a bit.

Sent from my smart phone that seems dumb compared to my wifes new phone...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just looked at the specs for the wheels I bought, Fuel Hostage 20x10. They come in either -12 (5") or -24 (4.5"). I'm not sure which ones they are getting me. I will call them tomorrow and find out.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Just find out that my wheels coming are -24 4.5" back space.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Why are you sticking with 17s?? They will look kinda small on a Superduty with 6 inch lift. IMO

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
18's or 20's get my vote. Stay under 10" wide if you can since they throw all the road dirt on the truck. 8x170 mm for the bolt pattern, 14x1.5 for the lug nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts