Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it just did this on Monday after a two hour trip up north. When i got off on th exit ramp i noticed a HUGE cloud of white smoke every time i let off the gas, then it struggles to get going again then when it does it works just fine no smoke or anything till i let off the gas. its not the egr valve ive had that go out many of times before this was like five times more white smoke then that. as you notice it smokes in the vid but yesterday when it happened there was alot more smoke then that, in the vid i started it after it sat for a day. i watched the gauges it didn't over heat or anything and the only code that came up was po263 [cylinder 1 contribution/balance] no idea what that means how bout you guys ?:confused::confused::dunno::dunno: i was thinking erg cooler or/and head

gaskets

·
Registered
62 Posts
my guess is an injector. mine had the same/similar problem.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Wow. I'm a little dizzy now... On edit: I would guess injector #1 is bad. I just realized that you got a code for that inj.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Injector failure.....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe the injector but why only at idle, works when up to speed?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
possible just more pressure when up to speed??

good luck, hopefully an eeasy one to fix!!!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
my vote is injector, sounds like it's running on 7 cylinders when you rev it up in the end. What did the white smoke smell like?? good luck dude!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump to the top

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its def antifreeze pissing out the exhaust going to shop today but probably wont get looked at till after the weekend (hopefully i can get some head studs done)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts