Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a '95 F250 PS with 97k.Its getting 9-11 mpg and when warm, seems to lose power around 70 and vibrates through the body. Its like theres a rev limiter or something but I know thats not the case.It just cant do past 72 or so when its warm and I get like 9 mpg. Also every once in awhile seems to stumble when giving it gas coming off idle.No codes new fuel filter last 1k miles.No smoke, and the truck is stock.Anyone have any idea??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds as though you have a fuel delivery concern. The screen in the tank could be restricted some. The fuel pump maybe getting ready to go south. The upper return screen could be stopped up not letting the fuel return to the tank properly. This will make it surge also. Especially at higher speeds. If you could get some codes from it it might help some. Have you had the cps replaced on the recall yet? Could be a correlation concern w/ the timing.

·
Registered
553 Posts
i know the milage is way off cause im getting 15.5 out of mine with 4.10 gears

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply.wat is the CPS?I didnt know there was a recall.so if the filter is plugged up do I have to replace the whole tank (or how do you know which tank between the two) or is the filter individual?Any idea on the vibration as well?

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
1994-96 arnt covered by the recall. it start with 1997 powerstrokes. Its B.S. its the same CPS. Their not that expensive, Its worth the piece of mind to buy one and install it. Mine left me sitting at a friends house, glad it wasent on the side of the road.
You might want to check the fuel inlet screen in th efuel pressure regulator. While you got it apart, go ahead and do the FPR shim. Youll notice a nice change in the way your truck comes off the line. Its not a neck breaking difference, but youll notice the change.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
the recall for the cam sensor is not applicable to a 95 model, only 97 to 03 , i would think if it was a fuel pressure concern, not everytime , but for the most part lack of fuel pressure will generally cause it to smoke when happening , on a 95 model , the shrader valve on the side of the filter housing is where you can check pressure , bujt it does need to be checked under load when concern is prresent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts