Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The usual specs...2008 F-250, 4x4, Crew with 30K miles.

The truck is a daily driver, sometimes tow the boat and/or toy hauler, but usually running empty.

Looking for the tuner/dpf delete that gives the biggest increase in mpg. I have a soft foot and I'm pretty good at keeping the boost down. (The fuel economy is HORRIBLY sensitive to quick acceleration and fast highway speeds.)

I have been running the stock tires at 65psi and that seems to help. If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears. :thumb:

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you just wanting MPG and thats it?
Like everyone else, I'm going to talk out of both sides of my mouth. :rofl:

I want increased MPG when I have a soft foot/empty and I want more power when I'm towing or at the stoplight drags. :wink[3]:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Like everyone else, I'm going to talk out of both sides of my mouth. :rofl:

I want increased MPG when I have a soft foot/empty and I want more power when I'm towing or at the stoplight drags. :wink[3]:
Well I would say that you would want to got with programmer that can be updated or where you can change out different tunes. I know you can do this with Spartan and SCT. SCT seems to have some pretty good results and Spartan, well everyone is still watching and waiting to hear reports on the new unit they are coming out with. I'm running a 200HP tune from KEM (same as Spartan) and I love it, but when I tow heavy I put it down to the 50HP tune. Either one is going to give you what you are looking for and as soon as the HP war between the two is done, I'm sure a MPG tune will be next on the list :thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I would say that you would want to got with programmer that can be updated or where you can change out different tunes. I know you can do this with Spartan and SCT. SCT seems to have some pretty good results and Spartan, well everyone is still watching and waiting to hear reports on the new unit they are coming out with. I'm running a 200HP tune from KEM (same as Spartan) and I love it, but when I tow heavy I put it down to the 50HP tune. Either one is going to give you what you are looking for and as soon as the HP war between the two is done, I'm sure a MPG tune will be next on the list :thumb:
Thanks.

What's the right place/price for an SCT and delete pipe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Julian,

How does the KEM do at 50 Hp for towing? How much do you pull when you use the 50hp tune? I am trying to make a decision between the SCT and Spartan.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Julian,

How does the KEM do at 50 Hp for towing? How much do you pull when you use the 50hp tune? I am trying to make a decision between the SCT and Spartan.

Thanks.
Its does great, gives you that little extra when gettin on the highway, I've pulled 12K trailer(prerunner and 3 4x4 ATVs) , ATV in the bed, camping stuff and 4 buddies with no problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you can find a tuner with dpf delete tune grab it. EPA sent letters out on the 6/1/08 notifing all manufacturers to stop producing these products.

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you can find a tuner with dpf delete tune grab it. EPA sent letters out on the 6/1/08 notifing all manufacturers to stop producing these products.
Yeah, lets spend another .20 cents a mile to fuel these things. That should help with our conservation cause.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Where did you here that from? This sucks big time!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts

Anyone who has purchased a DPF delete knows or has signed off that this is an OFF ROAD device only! The EPA is full of :censored:. Their is NO way that the EPA can restrict any business that manufactures or sell parts or services that are deemed OFF ROAD.

The :censored: :supergay: greenies and the automobile manufacturers should have the DPF idea shoved so far up their A$$es! The point of the DPF is to remove an unslightly soot. So why would you ever think to use a greenhouse generating fuel (Diesel) to super heat a soot material. All this system does is compound the problem over and over again! WTF!

My rant is over!

Mike

·
Registered
333 Posts
im with ya on that 1 boostd:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts