Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Elite's regulated fuel return system on my 6.0.

But I really don't know what the best fuel pressure is to run.

What is the FP on a stock 6.0 to begin with?

and then with the Elite system, what would be the best performance setting and the safest? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Do either of you have an incab gauge or are you just going by the gauge on the regulator?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Bama how are your tunes from tadd?? Does the tranny shift good?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Bama how are your tunes from tadd?? Does the tranny shift good?
How do you like custom tunes vs banks? I see you got your name changed. :thumb:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is no comparison between the 6gun and the SCT.

Wished I'd known about SCT's before I bought the 6gun.

As far as the user name, I started with BamaSixGun at the other forums before I registered here at the org.

I just wanted a different name for here, so I signed up under BamaF350.

To change at the primary forum I visit and help moderate would loose some people, they all know me as BamaSixGun, so I have kept it.

I kinda like, it sounds cool.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well just the canned tunes are faster than Banks, lol Banksstroker didnt apply to me anymore so it had to be changed.. the only thing is i think my millage has gone down a little bit..

Tunes are awesome, tranny shifts like a Formula 1 race car (quick and smooth)
Thats the way my brothers truck is with his tunes but on mine when i put them in the truck didnt like them at all.. It shifts horrible and it bogges down WOT at 55 to 60.. and it puked.. :doh: so it looks like im gonna have to wait another week and a half so they can send some new tunes..

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Well just the canned tunes are faster than Banks, lol Banksstroker didnt apply to me anymore so it had to be changed.. the only thing is i think my millage has gone down a little bit..

Thats the way my brothers truck is with his tunes but on mine when i put them in the truck didnt like them at all.. It shifts horrible and it bogges down WOT at 55 to 60.. and it puked.. :doh: so it looks like im gonna have to wait another week and a half so they can send some new tunes..
weird how trucks react so differently to certain tunes.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
weird how trucks react so differently to certain tunes.
I know... i wonder why it make a difference... once i get this working good im gonna get FICM tuning.. Cant Wait...:woot:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
soo much money for ficm tuning. I may just send my ficm to power hungry while I'm getting studded...depending on what Eric is charging. I wanna try tadd's tunes. can you PM me how much he charges per tune? thanks.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have a gauge on order from ITP for the regulator, and I also have a Di Pricol EFPG that will soon be installed in the cab.
I think you'll get some interesting information once you get them both installed. Not necessarily because of the pressure differential between gauges, but because of what your incab gauge will read when you go WOT. I haven't looked, but do you have an A/M fuel pump?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the mechanical gauge today that mounts on the regulator.

Had to buy it from ITP, all that money for Elite's and they don't even include the gauge. :mad:

Screwed it on and it reads 63psi. Not enough, just right, or too much?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
It's not what it reads idling, it's what it reads driving. ITP says between 65 and 75. Depending on the tune your fuel pressure may drop below 40 (even with stock injectors) and you'd never know it without an incab fuel pressure gauge. Mine would drop to 20 at WOT while holding 75 at idle. That's why I have suggested an in cab fuel pressure gauge to be as important as an EGT gauge.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the electronic fuel pressure gauge for in the cab, just haven't had time to install it.

I guess I need to restate my originial question.

What should the fuel pressure be set to at the regulator?

I called Elite today, and they said between 55 to 60.

I installed the gauge at the regulator today, and it said 63.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The fuel pressure needs to be set so that it doesn't drop below 40 psi at WOT. That's when you start to lose injectors. 55 is factory recommended pressure.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
I've got mine set at 55 as well but after reading what Tim said I think I'll look at moving my gauge into the cab.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts