Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin ito a chip for a 97 PSD and want the TW but someone said that they would never hit the 140hp so they just call it smoke.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Well, mechanically your fuel system wont satisfy the chips potential, but if oneday you do more mods...just turn the knob and its there.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Well, mechanically your fuel system wont satisfy the chips potential, but if oneday you do more mods...just turn the knob and its there.
i agree, the obs trucks needs upgraded injectors to get the most power out of a chip

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thats what i thought. But some performance shop ya everything would keep up with the 140hp. Y exactly wont a OBS see 140hp over stock?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
injectors arnt big enough to see 140

·
Registered
888 Posts
ok thats what i thought. But some performance shop ya everything would keep up with the 140hp. Y exactly wont a OBS see 140hp over stock?
The Injectors on the OBS Trucks don't have the same Fuel Cap. as the ones on the SuperDuties.

AA = ~90cc's
AD = ~160cc's

Make sense? :thumb:

Not Enough Fuel :doh:

·
Banned
722 Posts
injectors dont flow as much fuel they flow about 98cc.The newer body styles flow about 120cc or so..

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
obs truck

well I,m at the breaking piont with my 97.list k-31 turbo with a 73 wheel in it,bi 375 cc custom made,no hybrid here.port and polished heads,hyrev valves,studs,duel pumps 4 lines,2 ipr valves.sh.. its time to make another motor.well to get to it : the Hpop,stock fuel pump.IDM and turbo will need to be up graded,then you will need a new trans after all the one wheel peels

·
Registered
888 Posts
well I,m at the breaking piont with my 97.list k-31 turbo with a 73 wheel in it,bi 375 cc custom made,no hybrid here.port and polished heads,hyrev valves,studs,duel pumps 4 lines,2 ipr valves.sh.. its time to make another motor.well to get to it : the Hpop,stock fuel pump.IDM and turbo will need to be up graded,then you will need a new trans after all the one wheel peels
I don't think that is what he is asking :doh:

·
Registered
959 Posts
the most you are going to see out of a '94-'97 truck with stock AA injectors is about 200-210hp at the wheels. Stock they run about 170-175.

Stock '94-'97 AA injectors flow 90cc of fuel
Stock Cali '97 and early '99 AB injectors flow 130cc of fuel
Stock late '99-'03 AD injectors flow 140cc of fuel.

·
Registered
959 Posts
If it's a California truck it'll have ABs. It should say something about being a california emissions truck on the valve cover or on the core support. The other way you can tell is if you look at the fuel pump under the turbo it will have a large black disk on the back of it that is a fuel pressure damper.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok i talked to a guy and he is runnin the edge evol. and says he's running the 110hp setting. How can it be a 110hp setting if the injectors can keep up. My brother keeps arguin with me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts