Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the latest, greatest hard parts are for the 6.4, and whats in the pipeline for the near future? Obviously, the tuning is taken care of; seems Spartan has the lockdown on that. So whats next as far as fueling? Injectors, modded pumps, dual pumps? Which pump is it, Bosch CP# or other? How about turbos, either modded stock turbos with bigger wheels, or a whole new turbo setup? Whos gonna be the first to bust 1000 on fuel?

Whats the limit of the internals, as in rods/piston/crank? Transmission limits? What RPM are these tuned trucks running? Sorry for the questions that may have been discussed before, but I couldnt really find what I wanted by searching...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Elite has a good bit of mods, just not many people spending the money to put them on their trucks. They have a nice set of ball bearing compounds for a hefty price of $6,000. As for fuel system mods, I have heard that Industrial Injecion has some stuff in the works and Elite I am sure has some sort of dual fueler in the works. Elite has the 60 horse and 110 horse nozzles available.

The tranny manages about 575-600 horsepower of daily driving at max, and about 700-750 horsepower with nitrous max. Thats all I know

·
Registered
529 Posts
The pump is a siemens. Empire diesel I believe is working on one that pushes 50% over stock I believe. And I THINK Swamps is making a set of injectors, or are beta testing a set. Does anyone have elites ball bearing compounds on their truck yet? I think I want to go with a different or modded fuel pump whenever they come out with one, and a bigger single turbo for sled pulling rules.

On a side note, I wonder what the Suncoast trannies are holding up to so far.

·
Registered
725 Posts
:nod: I do! I do! I do!

The pump is a siemens. Empire diesel I believe is working on one that pushes 50% over stock I believe. And I THINK Swamps is making a set of injectors, or are beta testing a set. Does anyone have elites ball bearing compounds on their truck yet? I think I want to go with a different or modded fuel pump whenever they come out with one, and a bigger single turbo for sled pulling rules.

On a side note, I wonder what the Suncoast trannies are holding up to so far.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I thought you got the tow power compounds. Hurry up and get that thing dialed in so we can find out what these trucks can do.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I think John might have some coming for his truck

·
Registered
529 Posts
The tow compounds or the big set?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
The ball bearing turbos

·
Registered
529 Posts
Fargin nice

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, Ive heard conflicting info. Does the 6.4 come with factory studs or bolts? Are they 14 or 16mm? Ive heard both. I havent heard any headgasket issues. Im curious to see what the limits are once more fuel and air are added...

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
They come with head bolts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I don't know how the trannies are doing but I'm pretty sure that the guys at River City Diesel are all running suncoast converters in their trucks

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
My tranny is all stock....31,000 miles with Spartan tuning. 65,000 miles total....abused miles might I add

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
Im 64,000 miles with 40,000 tuned btw the 250 275 and 310....not a single tranny issue

·
Registered
577 Posts
RCD s doing a complete custom compound set up, s300 over s400. Should put down some serious numbers.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
RCD s doing a complete custom compound set up, s300 over s400. Should put down some serious numbers.
I was over there today and was looking at the setup, those are some serious turbos. Once they get the pedestals mocked up and everything I can't wait to go for a ride in that truck. I guess once he has it running we will see if the heads will stay on the block or not.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I don't know what Josh's plans are yet. He might try it out and see of it will take it or not before he studs it. If I remember right he already has different injectors in it. Right now the cab is up and he is working on the turbo setup. I asked today and he has already pulled the trans and built it up with suncoast parts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts