Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides the appearance, whats the difference in the edge 85200 and 15003? im looking to get one for my 06' 6.0

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
i want to be able to monitor/tune all at once.
Then check out the new SCT Livewire TS #5015.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Transmission tuning....the edge is a powerful tune....but with no transmission tuning ....that equals dead trannies ....

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok. thanks for the advice, i didn't know the edge didn't do any trans tuning.
SCT livewire ts? good?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
oh ok. thanks for the advice, i didn't know the edge didn't do any trans tuning.
SCT livewire ts? good?
This SCT model was just released, check out threads started by "portcity_gt". He's one of the first members to own this unit.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
wow thats in deep.. i was looking for a plug n play type of monitor, does anyone make one like that?
If you have a iOS device (iTouch/iPhone/iPad/) check out DashBoss for monitoring. For $300 you can monitor everything including EGT and Fuel psi.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/239295-dashboss-monitoring-review.html

Then if your looking to buy a used SCT for tuning, check this link out.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...603-what-look-when-buying-used-sct-6-0-a.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i keep leaning towards the 85200 lol
it seems to be a plug&play like im looking for. im not gonna be using the tunes much, just a little more hp & mpg is what i want.. nothing crazy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i keep leaning towards the 85200 lol
it seems to be a plug&play like im looking for. im not gonna be using the tunes much, just a little more hp & mpg is what i want.. nothing crazy.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
99.9% of tuners are plug & play...

There a good transmission shop in your area?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
lol ok, so a insight, what do i do about a mild tune? i dont mind getting the livewire ts, i just wish i didnt have to get something else to make the egt gauge work.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
lol ok, so a insight, what do i do about a mild tune?
Like I told you in the pm ....custom sct tunes are the only safe way to go....

And like I said....you need to monitor before you tune ...you may very well have Eot/ect....head gasket...egr....ficm...injector....issues....you need to monitor...bottom line

1 - 20 of 41 Posts