Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys. Heres the truck. What should i do next?
Mods are listed in sig. Im looking in to mostly exterior/looks stuff.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep that boat hooked up and come see me down here in Texas... :D
haha sounds good to me! im actualy from there!
its equipted with the PM aka the Pu$$y magnet hahaha.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i know EXACTLY!!!! a set of ranch hand bumpers! mines a ranch hand (minus the welded texas on the front with no paint)

·
Registered
771 Posts
The PM.... thats exactly what I was thinking... haha

But on a serious note... the onling things in my opinion would be replacement bumpers, black, I've always liked the sweet harley headlights, and maybe some black accents to the truck.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Ranchhand are pretty good,...but I'm not a fan of them...a little too boxy for me, and I don't care for the painted diamond plate.

I'd suggest:

Ironbullbumpers
, alienpatrol, roadarmor, Nfab....in that order.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
lol we sold a RoadArmor to a Local guy that totalled his truck two weeks after the install. It was the only thing that survived....kinda lol. Good thing he has good insurance.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those bumpers are super cool but alittle outta my price range. I like the ironbull and fab fours, i think id needa lift before they would look right.

The PM.... thats exactly what I was thinking... haha

But on a serious note... the onling things in my opinion would be replacement bumpers, black, I've always liked the sweet harley headlights, and maybe some black accents to the truck.
Do you think i should smoke out my lights? I thought about it, but idk if black on white would look good.

·
Registered
771 Posts
eh... i guess id have to see it first on white... but the harley headlights look sic on white trucks...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
my ranch hand has survived
1. an 8pt buck at 65mph (nothin)
2.head on 30mph wreck with honda civic (seriously nothin not at fault)
3. a peppermint green gt mustang head on (he rolled into me at a gas station at 5mph (pretty funny but nothin)
4. a ford windstar in the rear at a stop light (absolutely f*cked van up but again nothin)

overall i will say it has been a good investment to avoid a number of very costly repairs to my truck! btw you can see all the incredible damage to the bumpers in my garage.....psych!!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my ranch hand has survived
1. an 8pt buck at 65mph (nothin)
2.head on 30mph wreck with honda civic (seriously nothin not at fault)
3. a peppermint green gt mustang head on (he rolled into me at a gas station at 5mph (pretty funny but nothin)
4. a ford windstar in the rear at a stop light (absolutely f*cked van up but again nothin)

overall i will say it has been a good investment to avoid a number of very costly repairs to my truck! btw you can see all the incredible damage to the bumpers in my garage.....psych!!!
def sounds like a good investment haha!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
no joke! just imagine how much money would it would be for all those incidents, the buck would of killed the whole front end, a head on collision would have been even worse, a mustang would have put a nice big dent in the front, and that van was movin fast when she rear ended me and would have killed the rear bumper and maybe even the tailgate!

i cant even imagine how many thousands of dollars that would have been. these full bumpers pay for themselves time and time again and add looks that could kill. literally

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I'm not saying that Ranchands aren't strong...they definitely are strong...I just don't care for how they look.

In fact...I didn't like the looks of ANY of the bumper companies out there...so I made mine.

A company has asked to use my design,...and it should be hitting the market soon-ish....lol

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
lol thats..... another way to do it hahaha looks good most of these bumpers are incredibly strong it just comes down to your personal preference of looks

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
yup...thats all it is...personal preference .

I built mine because nobody made one that I liked....well.....that and....I hit a 18 foot tree, that was 6 inches around....stock bumper didn't like that very much...lol

I'll keep the story as short as I can:

exceeding the speed limit(alot),..lost control, slides sideways for a couple hundred feet, went off road(sideways), got straightened out at the last possible nano-second,.. hit tree...the force of the impact snapped it in 3 places.

Just to get an Idea how fast I was going,...notice only 3 tire marks....the centrifugal force had one of my 39.5" tires off of the ground for a couple hundred feet...lol

The police report (CSI type people investigated) estimated I was doing over 120mph when I lost control,...I was sliding sideways for a long time at over 90mph,..and I hit the tree at around 75mph......wish I could of had a vid of it,....it was a fun ride...lol

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
120 mph ha! :hehe::hehe::hehe: and they call themselves professionals! well guys its about time for me to hit the ol' dusty trail yall have a good night

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Nice looking truck, i'd keep it simple. Go clear if you don't want smoked, rain gaurds, Westin chrome nerf bars, billet grille, 08 mirrors.

I'm not a big fan of aftermarket bumpers. :shrug: I know they come in handy but....to each his own.

later

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
TxPSD9673- I'm not positive,...but I think they were pretty close...I don't know,...my speedometer only goes to 100...lol

I've been pulled over,...122mph....thank god I only got a warning....

I have a get out of jail free card

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tank you showed that tree whats up!!! haha. glad to see everything turned out ok.

I like the looks of the bumpers from iron bull and fab. but the price is killer and i think they look best on lifted rigs..(i think a 4" is in my near future)

not a fan of the ranch hands..i do understand how much they help tho.

Iv been lookin for a 08 at a junkyard...but turns out, us powerstrokers are good drivers! ......cept for trees at 100+mph! just playin tank hahaha! :hehe: :hehe:
but i dont wanna pay 400 for mirrors. but i think i need them to go with the badges. Im lookinfor a tailgate, but man those are pricey. 08 taillights if i can get them for a good price also.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts