Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here. Quick question, if you don't mind. I'm thinking of selling my '00 7.3 4 door dually due to downsizing. It has 205 000 miles, pretty good condition camper shell and bed rug in the back. Any ideas what its worth? Every diesel guy i know says that motor alone makes it worth a good amount.
I'm in central FL right now, but moving to NC.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Mark the fireman.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
It's worth what someone will pay for a 20+ year old truck. That being said with it being a 7.3 it is sought after. Is it 4x4? Rusted all to hell? Manual or auto? So many missing pieces it's worth anywhere from 5k to 20k.

Reactions: Ripp6957

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Hi, new guy here. Quick question, if you don't mind. I'm thinking of selling my '00 7.3 4 door dually due to downsizing. It has 205 000 miles, pretty good condition camper shell and bed rug in the back. Any ideas what its worth? Every diesel guy i know says that motor alone makes it worth a good amount.
Thanks.
Mark the fireman.
Without more info, pictures, history, inspection, etc., it would be tough to establish a value. The easiest way to establish an approximate value is to go to a few of your favorite used auto sites and look for comparable trucks and note the pricing. Maybe pick-out 8 or 10 that are located in your approximate area, do the division math and arrive at an average unit price. Just remember this number respresents the approximate asking sale price for the truck, not it's actual value.

It's a hot market for used cars in general and trucks in particular.

Reactions: Ripp6957

·
Administrator
24,982 Posts
Thanks.
Mark the fireman.
Mark, I'm sure you own a smart phone.
Post a picture and details for a thread like this.

Or search craigslist in your area to see what trucks are listed for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I traded my 2000, 7.3 manual in with 170,000 miles in September. A dealership initially offered me 10,000, to which I said "no". They offered me $15,000 when I went to pick up my new truck and I took it. The tax savings alone gave my another 1000 on top of that. The bed rails were rusted out really bad and there was some rust just starting on the bottom of the doors. Frame was good. The dealership had it out front a couple of days later for sale. $23,500. It was gone after about 2 weeks, don't know what they got for it.
Some pics of the truck. They put it up on a big hill in front of the dealership. I miss the old girl.:cry:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I wouldn't take a dime less than $20K for it. I've been offered considerably more than $20K for my 2000 with just a hair less than 30K on the odometer. I've turned all 4 offers down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, thanks for all the info. Its an automatic, no rust, chrome wheels, chrome brush bar. Only thing missing is rear seat, I took it out for more room for my dogs.
Thanks again, now I have a starting point!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If its only 2 wheel drive your price will be way lower than 20k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.