Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 f250 7.3. runs just fine, then all of a sudden won't start. cranks and cranks but doesnt fire. replaced CPS, same problem. truck runs out of juice, won't jump or charge. now when i turn it on but don't crank it, my lights and dash spazz out and there's a clicking noise from under the hood. that just started up tonight, it wasn't doing that before. i got it jumped the last 2 times this week but this time it refuses to crank over and just clicks. any ideas

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas as I'm kind of stranded here, my jeep has an electrical short and a clutch pedal problem that i'm still waiting on parts for so i have no way of getting around..

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
i would get your batteries out and have them charged and tested first it sounds as if you have a couple of different things going on but I would try that first and see what it does then

·
Registered
80 Posts
My last 99 did about the same thing I bought 2 new bat and it stil gave me some trouble. I would check your grounds just to make sure. I know this sounds crazy but I bought a wire bat post cleaner and cleaned all the bat connections re tightened them and she fired up!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i think i have a deeper problem now.. i think the GPR is fried or something.. it's where the clicking is coming from i believe.

·
Registered
747 Posts
did you resolve this issue???? my trucks instrument cluster is spazing and i have a clicking relay and it wont even turn over?

bump for this!

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
messed with your PCM?

if you have a chip there may be silicone on your terminals causing that

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey I'm having the same issue with my ford 00" I'm a real novice mechanic. Can you explain what a GPR and a PCM are abbreviations for?
GPR = Glow Plug Relay - Relay switch that sends power to the glow plugs.

PCM = Powertrain Control Module - Your onboard control computer, brain of the engine.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
I replaced a GPM in a buddies truck and sounds like something else to me. but it could of gone bad diff than his. his would start just sent a weird signal to the PCM when it would get warmed up the the truck would run rough. good luck let us know what yall find out.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
You have a battery issue or charging system issue. It takes a lot to crank these over and the glow plugs bythemselfs take a lot of power. The battes have plenty of power to run all of youre ecsessories you can run the radio and lights turn on the flashers all of that will show no sighns of a bad batterie. Instrament panel flipping out clicking GPR clicking starter is all sighns of a bad battery. All of the exsesories will run off of one battery just like in most vehicles on the road well you are running it off of 2 batteries so you will see no sighns of a bad battery that way. The reason for 2 batterys is to start that beast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts