Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What date is considered early 04? I was wondering if my turbo would be the old one.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
what is your manufacture date?? it will be on the label inside the drivers door. also, if you look on the right side valve cover or around there, theree should be a red and white label indicating what year motor you have.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not home right now and was gona check it when it got home. What date is late 04? What would it say for motor? Motor 2?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same. Used the update file from ford to visually confirm that 01/04 is late build. Also it said 2004 on the engine if that was another indicator.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
then it is an 04, my truck is an early 04 with a late 03 build date. Aug 03 i believe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
well i have a turbo back kit with no cat. and mine dose not whistle near as much as i see some guys posting vids with there 03 turbo.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats because your late 04

·
Registered
140 Posts
I forgot to put the phrase "that is what i figgerd" in front of my last statement

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
they stopped with the 03 turbo's on 9-22-03

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Mine is an early '04, but when they replaced the turbo at 55k, they put a late turbo and pedestal on in it's place. I was Pissed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts