Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in North Florida/South Georgia I've seen B-20 for $4.20/gallon. Regular ULSD averages about $4.80 (around where I live). What's it costing you to fill up with bio v/s #2 in your area (assuming you can get bio)?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I make mine......and it costs about $1.05 a gallon, not counting the electricity it takes to heat the oil, and the pump....not too bad.

Diesel is $4.79

·
Registered
424 Posts
#2 is $5.09
B99 is $4.99

Don't blink 'cause it rises almost daily.

·
Registered
235 Posts
mine costs me between .90-1.15 depending on chems :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
# 2 is at $5.25 right now

B99 is at $5.05

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
B20 is $5.29. CASH PRICE.:confused: Only 3 pumps in San DIego.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm making my Bio for $1.60 a gallon. Bio Diesel here in town is sold for $4.50 a gallon, V/$5.39 for #2 in Northern Calif.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where are you buying bio around Jacksonville?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where are you buying bio around Jacksonville?
Kings Bay Sub Base. Just FYI: I bought fuel from them after they refilled the tank. Cost went from $4.19 to $4.92. #2 on the outside was about $.20 cheaper. The manufacturor is ripping people off; they are not passing on the tax credit to their customers. All I have to say is: people remember when you take advantage of them. When bio becomes readily available (it's manufactured in Lake City) I won't buy a drop from this company.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea, we have a local reseller that tracks about .20 cents a gallon below #2 and has been doing so for some time. This week with #2 coming down at the local pumps guess what..... so did this reseller. That pretty much tells me that they're setting their prices soley on the cost of #2 and has nothing to do with making a fair profit based on their costs.

Because of that I stopped supporting them. I feel taken advantage of even though they are a little cheaper than #2. I'm sure they have had cost increases but there is no way it mirrows exactly the rise and fall, to the penny, of #2. In reality the .20 cents difference is about $5 a fill up for me. Not worth the time or trouble to go get it.

Current Bio costs here at this local reseller was just lowered to $4.29

·
Registered
203 Posts
I drive ALL THE WAY to ANY military base/fort/camp....... to refuel with #2. It saves me about $0.20 on the gallon. My usual is the Air Station in Pensacola, like 23miles. I WISH I knew someone who made bio. I don't have the room at my place, but with all the seafood restaurants here on the coast fryer oil has to be available like beach sand!

Anybody know a hookup for me around here? I will drive quite a bit (50miles) to save here...

*Sorry to hijack the thread*

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
cant find Bio here, when it was for sale it was 10 to 20 cents more expensive anyway....

·
Registered
169 Posts
I drive ALL THE WAY to ANY military base/fort/camp....... to refuel with #2. It saves me about $0.20 on the gallon. My usual is the Air Station in Pensacola, like 23miles.

If you're driving a PS I'm not so sure you're saving anything.... especially if you're driving 23 miles one way. Driving 23 miles will burn over a gallon of fuel which is about $5. Buying 25 gallons of fuel at a $0.20 discount is $5.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its the thought of not paying someone, whoever that may be those extra
$.20, I just end up making a beach day of it, or shop on base, whatever. I have done the math myself. I'd rather not give whoever it is those extra pennies. The wife and I get the diesel, and hit the sand. Makes for a better day...

-If I knew someone else down here interested, I'd go Halfies on the cost of Bio equipment. It is just ridiculous to pay this much for diesel. I know I am preaching to the choir.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts