Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an obs 7.3 turbo that was given to me when i bought my dually. whats it worth? just trying to sell it because i would rather have the money for something i can use on my truck now. the shaft has no play and the fins are not chipped up

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Aftermarket sells rebuilt turbos for $600+. I'd say an unknown turbo (meaning that we know nothing about it) aught to be worth $3-400 depending on someones need for it. Personally I'd use your current one or this one as a core for a D66 and keep the other as a backup.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Its not worth a whole lot to be honest. Maybe $200 - $300 depending on mileage. Most people are not willing to spend a whole lot on them since there's no telling how long it will last. Used turbos are all over eBay, but u can also find rebuilt ones for this year truck as cheap as $450 with a short warranty.. you wont get rich off it trust me. I just bought a rebuilt with a 2 yr warranty for about $500 with upgraded bearings. I think the cheapest rebuild I saw was under $400

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess ill throw it on ebay and see what it does. thanks for the info guys! the turbo on the truck is in good shape and i dont plan on any huge hp gains with this dually. just my daily driver and pull a gooseneck

·
Registered
496 Posts
i guess ill throw it on ebay and see what it does. thanks for the info guys! the turbo on the truck is in good shape and i dont plan on any huge hp gains with this dually. just my daily driver and pull a gooseneck
weighing your options might be wise.. id keep it if it were me - no telling when a seal might go out.. may be a good insurance policy.. and a cheap one too.. just had mine fixed - not a fun time.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
call someone who builds drop in D66 turbos, like beans... i belive they will buy a core form you for around the core charge, so you may get like 300 out of it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts