Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a truck with the 6pd 7.3 with ts 6 way intake and exhaust. Doesn't pull much other than a bass boat. Could a person get away with a stock replacement from south bend or luk?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Stock is ok, wont last as long as it should tho.

I just installed a South Bend myself last weekend and im very happy with it so far. Only have about 500 miles on it but its smooth and pretty light petal.

Oh and i got the one rated for 375 HP and like 750 TQ. Im only pushin about 325 HP at most right now but with future upgrades i should be righ in the 375 to 400 range and that clutch will be perfect then.

I went through a buddy who ons a shop and i got my whole package for $650 out the door, i think most internet prices are right around $750 shipped.

Id spend the extra cash if you can and get teh 375 HP one. You will be happy!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I would NOT put a stock clutch back in. Do it once, do it right. Get a beefy southbend and be done with it once and for all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used the valair rated 400hp and 900 torque verry happy with it

·
Registered
486 Posts
South bend and Valair or both great replacement clutches but like the others have said, if you have it out might as well put a mildly upgraded clutch in. No sense doing it twice, shoot me a PM if theres anything I can help you with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts