Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to do a sound system in my 08 regency xlt. Want to get double din nav and two subs w/ amp... What head unit do you suggest? Thaks

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've had a few different Pioneer units, and all worked pretty good. But my next one will be a Kenwood. They use Garmin GPS (way easy, way accurate, just awsome) and have all the feature any other unit has (bluetooth, sat radio and such).

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have an Avic-Z2 in mine, been very happy with it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm ready to do a sound system in my 08 regency xlt. Want to get double din nav and two subs w/ amp... What head unit do you suggest? Thaks
Just my 2 cents but I dont think you can beat the user interface, features and functionality of the new OEM navigation with Sync. Further, since they require an external amplifier, you can use any apmlifier and signal processor you like.

Steve

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Kenwood has some really nice double din head units and they too, use Garmin navigation. I believe there is also a module you can buy that will make it compatible with Sync. As far as speakers, amps, and subs, I'd recommend JL.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love my Kenwood dnx 7140 steering wheel controls work seemless and is even integrated into my rear seat DVD. The nav is bullet proof. The unit works well with my ip4. Allowing full viewing of everything my phone does

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! Any peticular website to order from? There isn't really stereo shops out here.. Sounds like kenwood and then JL for subs and amp? I've only seen boxes on ebay and they sell them w/ and amp and subs but its kicker.. Thanks again for the input guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kenwood DNX6180 is awesome, I've tried others but always go back to Kenwood. Best Buy had them on sale recently for $799.00

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I looked around allot before deciding on a kenwood dnx-9960, but even though its a top-of-the-line unit its frustratingly slow. touch what you want count to 1.5/2 then continue, Other than that its great, Love the garmin gps. My opinion, get a lesser model kenwood with actual buttons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts