Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 7.3 and have been talking about switching for 2 years. I have tried to keep up with the discussions but would like to hear from you about what the best system is for me. I live in Texas. What else do you need to know...start selling or advising.

Thanks,
Marty
Triple M Outdoors Home Page

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
What part of TEXAS do you live in??? I might be able to show you my home brewed WVO system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would agree that the Veggiestroke system is really nice, I really like the ideas behind it. The only downside is that it is exspensive, over $3000... I got the Golden Fuel system, and while I haven't compleated the install yet, from everything I have seen it is a well thought out system. It only set me back about $1200, without a tank (which of couse is the hold up for the instilation, LOL)

the Frybrid systems, for all cars have had issues....or at least thats what I have heard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have looked at the Golden Fuel system. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I am also wanting a worry free system that is going to give me many years of service.

I read one of the post where someone has been running on WVO for 64,000 miles. Was it trouble free or have you been stranded on the side of the road a few times? Knock on wood... my 7.3 running on diesel has not let me down. If the price of diesel continues to rise, $4.29 this morning, I will be stranded because I can't afford to fill it up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If I were to do it again I'd go with the Vegistroke kit but I've gotta say that my PlantDrive kit has preformed flawlessly. It's quite a bit less than the Vegistroke but is NOT fully automatic.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I have a 2000 7.3 and have been talking about switching for 2 years. I have tried to keep up with the discussions but would like to hear from you about what the best system is for me. I live in Texas. What else do you need to know...start selling or advising.

Thanks,
Marty
Triple M Outdoors Home Page
the Vegistroke by Dino Fuel Alternatives is the best system for a PSD hands down. Completely automatice with purge times of 5 seconds.
It will never leave you stranded oon the road because it is completely independant of the stock fuel system. IF there were ever an issue with it - ie; clooged filter - the system detects a fuel pressure loss and automatically switches back to diesel and you never know it switched except for the light turns off telling you it switched. No other system will do this all automatically with presure switches and temp switches. When the truck is warming up before switchover, the temp switch detects when its hot enough to switch fuels and it does it.
Costomer service at DFA is second to none also.

I would agree that the Veggiestroke system is really nice, I really like the ideas behind it. The only downside is that it is exspensive, over $3000... I got the Golden Fuel system, and while I haven't compleated the install yet, from everything I have seen it is a well thought out system. It only set me back about $1200, without a tank (which of couse is the hold up for the instilation, LOL)

the Frybrid systems, for all cars have had issues....or at least thats what I have heard.
GFS is a Matel product compared to Frybrid or Vegistroke. Honestly, you do get what you pay for and there system is poorly engineeered.
Frybrid is also top notch. There costomer service kinda sucks and they do not have a good PSD conversion but if you want a kit for a cummins or MB, then they have a good kit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Vegistroke is being installed as I type. I'm not allowed around tools since the last time I almost took off two fingers :doh: so I'm having someone else install it.

I was like most people that decided to look into the different systems and wanting to get the best bang for the buck. I looked very hard at the Goldenfuel system. After comparing it with the Vegistroke it was a no brainer. There's not a single thing that you can compare in the two systems that the Vegistroke doesn't win hands down...... well, except original cost. With the GFS only warrentying their unit for 90 days and the Vegistroke for two years the decision was easy. BTW, if you have a wife or GF that ever drives your truck you will thank yourself over and over for going with a VS.

The way I see it original cost should not be a factor since the system will pay for itself. Quality, longivity of operation, and a company that is passionate about their product won me over.

·
Registered
457 Posts
BTW, if you have a wife or GF that ever drives your truck you will thank yourself over and over for going with a VS.
That's what sold me. ANYONE can drive the truck and you don't have to hand them an instruction manual to study beforehand. The two year warranty isn't a bad deal either :thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
My Vegistroke is being installed as I type. I'm not allowed around tools since the last time I almost took off two fingers :doh: so I'm having someone else install it.

I was like most people that decided to look into the different systems and wanting to get the best bang for the buck. I looked very hard at the Goldenfuel system. After comparing it with the Vegistroke it was a no brainer. There's not a single thing that you can compare in the two systems that the Vegistroke doesn't win hands down...... well, except original cost. With the GFS only warrentying their unit for 90 days and the Vegistroke for two years the decision was easy. BTW, if you have a wife or GF that ever drives your truck you will thank yourself over and over for going with a VS.

The way I see it original cost should not be a factor since the system will pay for itself. Quality, longivity of operation, and a company that is passionate about their product won me over.
Congrats!!! I'm jealous....my new upgrade kit is in the brown truck i think somewhere between Oklahoma and Oregon....i have a new tank coming too:woot::woot:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats!!! I'm jealous.......
LOL, thats what my installer said too. He told me I'm going to love this heated tank. He said switch over is about 3 miles and with our weather down here it may be even quicker.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You guys are making me anxious...I ordered mine 3 weeks ago this Friday and hope to see it in a couple more. :woot:

I'm ready to get this thing on the truck and running...diesel was $4.36 this morning on the way to work. :doh:

I'm starting to wonder when it's gonna end...don't think it'll be anytime soon though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
wvo is getting harder and harder to come by

·
Registered
169 Posts
I suspect most will be buying oil in the near future. Especially around the larger cities. Its one of the things you need to be thinking about before plopping down your money for a system.

Some people will have an easier time of sourcing oil than other.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
I suspect most will be buying oil in the near future. Especially around the larger cities. Its one of the things you need to be thinking about before plopping down your money for a system.

Some people will have an easier time of sourcing oil than other.
At least there isnt many of us using this system around here. I just know of one guy in my area and there are a few in the cities but i am sure i can get some good sources

1 - 20 of 38 Posts