Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Blowin Smoke
278 Posts
I've recently owned a 7.3L and now a 6.0L. I reccomend the 7.3L if you can stand the gas mileage and afford to put a tranny in it every 130k miles.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I would say 7.3. I drive an 02 F450 7.3 and use it to haul bobcat loaders. It has 46K trouble free miles. I was pulling a bobcat with my 05 6.0 stock and it blew the EGR cooler within a 20 mile drive. The 05 has 60K miles.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
You know what I'll say. :approve: for all the reasons previously stated. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
What 6.0 because it's better?
Noope! Lol, you mean the engine that's cutting Ford's Navistar ties because of all the money spent on warrantee work? :rofl:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
haha yeah turboSEVENTHREE, is voting 6.o lol

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
haha yeah turboSEVENTHREE, is voting 6.o lol
:hehe: Yep, cause when I become a tech more work for me! LOL :crazy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
7.3 for sure!

·
lost in space
1,387 Posts
cmon...get on the 7.3 bandwagon, cause this votes a landslide

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
7.3 for sure!
Like the sig, but you gotta be correct, I believe it's "T444 E" Turbocharged 444ci w/ Electronic controls. And how many miles you got on that tranny?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Bytheway :ORG welcome: jgon!

·
Registered
672 Posts
it really depends what u want it for... if u want a work truck i'd get a 7.3. if u want fast cheap upgrades that will roast the tires off get a 6.0 w/ sct. either way u cant go wrong

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
2 cents

well lets look at the weak pionts on both.7.3 trans and pmrs.o-rings and cps.well the 06 6.0 has all the up grades.they say?weak pionts EGR,head gaskets.so i think like this other guy.what do you want it for.in the 7.3 2002 PMRs weak at 400hp.6.0 EGR and head gasket.so F it and buy a obs.and put a BTS in it.what years are you talking about?and why are they selling them?whats the mileage on both.and what did they use them for?and get oil analyzed on both.that should tell you what got the most wear in the motor.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Get the 7.3 , put a upgraded torque converter and beef up the trans. 6.0 trans cooler and beat that bish like it stole your wife's purse.

I have a 7.3 my buddy has a 6.0 both are realativley close in racing. BUT I have replaced my fuel pump.... he has replaced the turbo, head studs, head gaskets, yada yada yada....:hehe:

Just my opinion though. Good luck with whatever ya get!

·
Registered
551 Posts
This is almost a religious debate. They both have their ups and downs. The 7.3's are reliable as all get out, but some of the 6.0's are starting to prove themselves as well.

I personally went for the 6.0, and I'm honestly quite happy with it. I've never owned a 7.3 but i've driven 6.9 IDI's, 7.3 IDI's, and 7.3 Powerstrokes, and for day to day driving (i.e. not heavy hauling) the 6.0 is much more responsive to the skinny pedal, and I much prefer the 5R110 to the 4R100 all the way around.

:twocents: :icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
7.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i had the 7.3 in my obs, my dad has the 7.3 in his excursion, and i now have the 6.0 in my current truck. it has had a few minor issues, but its got 135k on it also. the issues are recent. the 6.0 pulls circles around my old truck and my dads excursion.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts