Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, had my 6.0 for about 3 months now. Bought it bone stock, and so far this is what Ive done to it. (See before and after pics)

I HATE HATE HATE the look of nerf bars. I want to put a set of Amp Research steps asap (The ol lady give me an ear full every time she has to climb in..lol

Im thinking Pocket style fender flares would look good, Although Id love to have the tan bottom painted white, with flares and painted mirrors,door handles to match....But I need to settle down throwing tons of money into it for a while...between bullet proof mods and lift/wheels etc. Ive dropped some coin into it!

SO...I was thinking if I DO get flares, get them painted to match the tan for now. I cant find any pics of a truck done like that with this color superduty. What do you guys think?

What else would guys think I should address? Id also love a cowl hood..but again.. money doesn't grow on trees around here :dunno:

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd wait on the flares and paint them once.
Some cheap mods to keep you happy and not break the bank - Harley headlights, marker lights on the roof, updated FX4 graphics, paint the door handles, custom badges through Billetbadges.com, quad fog light mod...
I am sure others will chime in also.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I go with flares painted tan like the bottom, it will stay like that for a couple years. I just want to make sure it will look good first!!

-Ordered updated Fx4 stickers yesterday...

-Im def looking into getting custom badges.

-The Quad fog lights look sweet!! But I do not want to run HID's. If I spliced 2 more factory fogs into the exisiting Harness would that draw too many amps running stock bulbs?

- I found a good priced set of 08-10 mirrors, If I get them they will be painted to match, and ill go ahead and do the door handles then!:thumb:

As far as roof clearance lights, I def like them, my old superduty had them factory, But I am not sure about drilling holes in my roof... I got a bad taste of cutting holes in my roof from having a custom sun roof installed. Every time it rained really hard a couple years after, it soaked my headliner..

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I like the lifted look with out abunch of stuff bolted on all over! Very clean lookin nice truck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you were to do the Harley headlights, do them yourself. $10 in supplies>$180 for the headlight light

·
Registered
948 Posts
Looks great! Did you ever get the new fx4 stickers put on?

·
Registered
216 Posts
My billet grille was a night and day difference for my truck. If I were you, I'd get the harley grille (if you can get it in white instead of black). If not, get the chrome billet grille. I just don't like the look of the standard chrome bar grille.

·
Registered
216 Posts
On a side note, how many inches is your lift? Which company? How much $$? lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Loose the door badges!!! Then ptm all the other badges!!! If you can afford it, go with oem 08-12 mirrors with powerfold/extend. Loose the fx decal!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Another cheap mod is to de-black the fender emblems. Just pull them off and soak them in acetone for a few minutes and it comes right off.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a side note, how many inches is your lift? Which company? How much $$? lol
its a 6" Rough country lift. I got it at wholesale cost so Im not sure how much they run retail?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Studs gaskets...delete...and oil cooler lol

Great looking truck.

Looks just like mine..before the lift & wheels at least

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
858 Posts
where do u get teh updated FX4 ? And it that teh 08+ FX4 ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got them off Ebay. They are for 2012 The ones in the pic are the old ones. I will post a pic of the new ones when I get a chance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
well first off...great job with the truck so far!! second if your not looking to drop the $$on the amp steps, i have the kodiak sidewinders and love them! i also did all black badges and it looks awesome...where did you find a deal on the 08 tow mirrors?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts