Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 F350 Powerstroke- 6L with 101K on it. Out of the blue, it wouldn't start after sitting in my driveway for 20 minutes (after a short run from the airport with no problems).

The dealer informs me that the gasket on the #3 injector blew out. They have to replace the standpipe, STC and injector. Does anyone know why this would happen with only 101K on the motor? I rarely pull anything with it---and I don't work it like it was intended to be used.

What is the STC? Is that snap to connect? Is the standpipe what feeds the oil to the injector? I'm new to "diesel" - more familiar with gas powered vehicles. Any help would be appreciated. Also-I was quoted $1750 to repair. Is this a fair price? Not that anyone tries to take advantage of a female-when it comes to vehicle repairs! I am 1K over warranty-----which really sucks. Deb

·
Registered
957 Posts
Age is the likely cause for deterioration and blowout. purchase the extended 200k aftermarket warranty. one repair could very easily pay for it, and there will be more repairs. Is it leak oil externally as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS

I appreciate your feedback----no oil externally that I can see. I will check into extended warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts