Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might see about picking up a 95 PSD 4x4. Needs and HPOP, what kind of $$ am I looking at, and how big of a headache to replace it?
TIA,
Craig

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
reman from ford your looking at atleast 500 bucks. Ebay you can usually find them for a couple hundred 15* or 17*. not to terribly to hard to replace. Are they sure it is hpop? could be something else like ipr...

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reman from ford your looking at atleast 500 bucks. Ebay you can usually find them for a couple hundred 15* or 17*. not to terribly to hard to replace. Are they sure it is hpop? could be something else like ipr...
Don't know enough about the truck just yet. I hope to speak with the owner today and possibly swing by and see it. I'll find out then how he knows it's the HPOP.

Do the HPOP and IPR act alike when they go out? I have had to replace the IPR on my truck before so I know how it acts.

EDIT The following is what the owner just emailed me concerning the truck:
Motor needs high pressure oil pump will run but you cant shut the truck off after it gets to operating temp if you do it has to cool off then it will start
Thanks,
Craig

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I put my truck up for sale for 2500.00 obo do y'all think I could get at least 2K, or am I dreaming and in reality will have to take much less?
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
353 Posts
sounds like IPR o-rings to me...won't hot start

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I would think you could get 2000 for your rig craig. not the prettiest :D but still runs strong!

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
I would think you could get 2000 for your rig craig. not the prettiest :D but still runs strong!
THAT AND THE NUMBERS OFF OF YOUR DYNO RUN ITS A POWERHOUSE J/K YOU SHOULD GET IT

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
jesus 330k is alot lol. nah my dads has 300k on it.

just had my ipr and injector o-rings done on my 95 with 168k.

is there such thing as an hpop regulator, that seems like what the tech said

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jesus 330k is alot lol. nah my dads has 300k on it.
just had my ipr and injector o-rings done on my 95 with 168k. Is there such thing as an hpop regulator, that seems like what the tech said
The one I have now has 333K on the odometer after this past weekend. I really want a 4WD and this wouldn't cost me a whole lot.

Still waiting to hear back from the owner how he knows it's the HPOP.

What issues do the 4WD components have with so many miles? They shouldn't really be worn out should they? It's not like the truck would have driven in 4WD all the time or that much even. This is Texas not Nebraska with snow and ice and all.

Anyways, keep the comments and suggestions coming as it gives me points to think about that I would otherwise not consider.
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
882 Posts
well, my grandfather, uncle, uncle in law, and me, have had 10 powerstrokes togther (4 1997, 3 2000, and 3 2002 models), and every single one of them were 4WD and have never had a 4WD problem from one of the 10 so i dont think you will have a problem with the 4WD. ( I think this is what your asking( and yea i know Ford runs in our family lol))

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Craig we sold our 2 whel drive 95 supercab F350 last year that had been wrecked bad at one point with over 260K on the clock for $3500, your truck is in better shape

·
cj41foleyisathief
1,925 Posts
Craig,

Is it time to head back to the DFW area for a fix the Craig truck party!

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Craig,

Is it time to head back to the DFW area for a fix the Craig truck party!
Just may be that time :beer:
Craig

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Craig, I may have a 15* pump you can have if you give me the other one back.
If I ever hear back from this fella and find out for sure what is wrong with the truck I may take you up on that.

Craig we sold our 2 wheel drive 95 supercab F350 last year that had been wrecked bad at one point with over 260K on the clock for $3500, your truck is in better shape
Well, maybe I'll put it in for more. I guess I really need to gt a Truck Trader and see what they are going for in my condition. Also though, I will want to price it so that it goes quickly. I'll use money from it to add to the "new" truck.
Craig

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got 205k on the clock right now...haven't replaced any 4wd components...Ball joints but that doesnt really count as 4wd....I am getting ready for 2 front driveshaft u-joints but thats no big deal...

As far as the new truck is concerned...I'm really thinking its the IPR o-rings...doesn't sound like a bad HPOP by the description...PLUS HPOPs dont go bad that often

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got 205k on the clock right now...haven't replaced any 4wd components...Ball joints but that doesnt really count as 4wd....I am getting ready for 2 front driveshaft u-joints but thats no big deal...

As far as the new truck is concerned...I'm really thinking its the IPR o-rings...doesn't sound like a bad HPOP by the description...PLUS HPOPs dont go bad that often
I hope it's the IPR. I just put one on my current truck back in the fall for 127.00 +/- a few bucks.
We'll see, he still hasn't emailed me back yet.
Craig

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
what are the symptoms?

ipr would be no start when warm, in my case my truck wouldnt start when warm, used alot of oil with no blue smoke, and idled funny.

got the truck back for only $120 and it was fixed. It idles a little tiny bit funny (antenna shakes a little) but then straightens out after it gets warmed up. tech said e thought an injector was sticking, but nbd.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess I asked too many questions about the truck. The fellow won't reply to phone calls or emails, oh well, probably better off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts