Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do an egr delete, oil cooler and clean turbo. What all updates are needed while I am in there? STC, turbo drain back? Anything else? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could do the updated fuel pressure regulator spring while you're in there. Some say stand pipes and dummy plugs, but you don't have the valve covers off so it is a little extra work. 6.4 banjo's if you want them and you're going to want to clean out you're intake real well. That's all I can think of.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we are going to do the blue spring. It looks like we are going to go ahead and stud it, so does this mean we will need updated stand pipes and dummy plugs?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I could be wrong since I haven't done studs yet, but I think the head gasket(OEM) kit comes with them? I'm sure plenty of guys around here will know for sure.

·
Motor Head.
1,767 Posts
My headgaskets did come with the updated stand pipes.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Yes, we are going to do the blue spring. It looks like we are going to go ahead and stud it, so does this mean we will need updated stand pipes and dummy plugs?
Just a suggestion. Do the blue spring update after the rebuilds is sucessful. Reason is, if you run into problems firing it back up, you won't have to rule out any problems that might occur with the blue spring update. Some people occasionally have issues after the blue spring update. Not saying you will. I think it is best to do pre and post fuel checks also. Good luck.

Edit: pre / post fuel pressure checks

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know the part number for the dummy plugs? I am getting ready to place my order with Tousely and am haveing trouble finding them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What would an early build 04 need?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the dummy plugs? I am getting ready to place my order with Tousely and am haveing trouble finding them.
typed in dummy plugs on their web page it came right up.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
If you need any pointers on the head gaskets and studs give me a holler I'll PM you my number and can help you out. I just did mine. Also if your going that far in to do studs and gaskets give my build thread a look over link is in my signature.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Tuscany, just looked over your build thread, very nice! Here's where i am at, heads are at machine shop being checked out (got my fingers crossed!) all gaskets and parts have been ordered form Tousley, sent injectors to Warren, said i would have them back by Friday. So if all goes well, should start putting it back together this weekend.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Good deal glad to hear it. Good luck with the heads lol. Also don't freak if Jesse gets swamped and can't get your injectors out by Friday lol. He is a very popular guy when it comes to theses 6.0 injectors and he will take care of you. He got really backed up after I placed my order but made sure that they were delivered by that Saturday free of charge. Great guy to deal with you won't be disappointed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts