Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say it’s some sort of oil leak, but it doesn’t seem like I’m losing any oil, so maybe it’s something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is located on the driver side if that helps any.
Leg Hood Thigh Automotive design Electric blue

Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check glow plug harness grommets, I had a leaky fuel cooler ever there but you could smell that it was diesel
I don’t think it’s the fuel cooler because there’s nothing wet directly below it. If it is a glow plug harness grommet would it be possible that the fluid is diesel? If so, why is it so black?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pictures where it’s sprayed basically all over my truck. It makes me wonder if there’s another leak somewhere else other than the one I’m talking about. I guess I could see it being just one leak and doing that if it’s some sort of pressurized leak. From what I can tell it stops leaking once the truck is shut off. What I can’t tell is catching where it’s actually coming from when the truck is running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m thinking glow plug harness, it will be oil if so, not diesel fuel.
Thanks buddy. Luckily it looks like there’s only a few bolts to take off to be able to see what’s going on underneath that metal piece. It seems kinda crazy that much oil would be all over the place like that but I guess anything is possible. It seems like it’d throw a code to cylinder 2 though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess it’s not possible to throw a code if the actual glow plug still works, but is it possible to lose that much oil like that? Makes me think the whole seal is gone lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts