Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck isn't my daily driver. I drive it maybe once or twice a week just to cruise around. I sometimes pull a car to the track. What chip do you think I should get?

Right now I just have an AFe stage 2 intake and 4" turbo back exhaust. I know depending on what chip I get I'll need to buy a boost and pyro gauge. I was considering the DP-tuner or the Edge juice w/ attitude. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
DP Tuner and Tony Wildman are the best 7.3 tuners out there. They both are compareable in power. I went with DP and love it. Dont go with over the counter tunes.

dp-tuner.com
totaldieselperformance.com

·
Registered
272 Posts
DP tuner, just installed in my truck, power is great...no comparison to an over the counter...I have heard the TW is just the same so take your pick

·
Registered
193 Posts
one thing to check at one time tony did free reburns... a nice touch.
now dp is the only game in town for having over 6 tunes...some of them you may not even know about....

drive in tune- super quiet for placing orders.
ebpv brake tune
55 valet
lope idle.. etc...

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
TW for the 7.3 all the way

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I always try and recommend Both the DP and the TW because they both are excellent tuners from what ive read, I just so happen to run a DP. Anyways just wonderig what the differences are besides TW has free upgrade burns? Everyone is always saying one or the other but how many have ran both? Im just curious as to the differences in the way the truck runs, I have not been fortunate enough to drive both tuners. I only know of maybe a couple people on here that have both. Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
For a 7.3 go with a chip not a flash tuner:thumb:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Tonys stuff is more agessave then Jodys. But there about the same for max HP. Most times Tonys will put down higher TQ numbers.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Whats the difference.. Free re-burns and not pushing the injection pressure past what most injector builders say is safe for the inj. or needed. That and his burns make HP.:thumb:

Cary

1 - 20 of 29 Posts