Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
This is the 1st truck that I didn't do the work on, so please pardon my ignorance. '16 f350 full weight loss, ez lynk with soft. Is there a way I can find out what tunes it's loaded with? The shop that did the work is less than reliable so I'd rather just not talk to them any more.

Thanks for any input
Troy

·
Registered
577 Posts
This is hard to tell. You say the shop that did the work is shoddy or shady? Did you keep the parts? It doesn't hurt to ask them who did the tune. You can load any kind of tunes to a tuning device. You may want to go to a dyno shop and have them look

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the response. Not so much shoddy or shaddy, just more of a wham bam thank you mam approach to doing business is my opinion. I sent a text to the owner this afternoon and got no response, this is what doesn't surprise me. The reason I'd like to know what my tunes are, is my turbo has a little end play & I was told that a factory replacement would be the best route because without knowing what my tune is an aftermarket turbo could lead to needing a new tune.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,600 Posts
Putting a big turbo on will require a new tune no matter what tune you have.

If you're sticking with a stage 1 or less you will be fine. 2 or higher is where you start needing custom tuning.

You can always benefit from a custom tune but it's not always required.

Reactions: Squirly

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Putting a big turbo on will require a new tune no matter what tune you have.

If you're sticking with a stage 1 or less you will be fine. 2 or higher is where you start needing custom tuning.

You can always benefit from a custom tune but it's not always required.
Thank you, I'm pretty happy with how my truck runs, so I'm not looking to go to a bigger turbo, but if I'm going to put a new turbo on I'd like something better/ more efficient than what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts