Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a new transmission I was just wondering what everyone was getting and why they like that brand over others..
I've been lookin at both
Sun coast and ATS.. And I'm running the spartan tuner in my 6.4

·
Registered
833 Posts
I would also like to know opinions on this subject :thumbup:

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got a suncoast rebuild kit plus billet input shaft and billet lower reverse hub with RCD TC I've got about 2k on it and no problems.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Suncoast in mine. I would not suggest an ATS..... If you want something other than a suncoast, look at the Elite trans. I believe they use some suncoast parts, and some of there own.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
ATS's customer service is terrible, and there trans dont seem to be holding up as long as they used to. There shop is 1 hr away from me, and still no one in the area will run there trans. The suncoast is a great transmission. I have put a suncoast in the last 3 trucks I have owned (all powerstrokes) and have never once had an issue. The previous two trucks I truck pulled with and drag raced alot, this truck I tow with 70% of the time.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
ATS's customer service is terrible, and there trans dont seem to be holding up as long as they used to. There shop is 1 hr away from me, and still no one in the area will run there trans. The suncoast is a great transmission. I have put a suncoast in the last 3 trucks I have owned (all powerstrokes) and have never once had an issue. The previous two trucks I truck pulled with and drag raced alot, this truck I tow with 70% of the time.
Did you just do the suncoast rebuild kit? I am interested in the suncoast kit and an RCD torque converter.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Im curious if the 6r can be put into these 6.4 trucks? Without a whole lot of trouble/money etc.... That extra gear would be nice for the hwy.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yea, it'd be an awesome upgrade to install an extra hwy gear. I'm sure it'd require too much R&D though to be cost effective for companies to produce.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
RCD TC for sure, other than that I don't know. How much power are you running? The stock trans will hold up to allot!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Did you just do the suncoast rebuild kit? I am interested in the suncoast kit and an RCD torque converter.
I put in the rebuild kit with all the clutch packs, then put in all the solinoids, the transgo shift kit for the reverse, external filter to protect the solinoids, billet input, and suncoast TC, and mag hytec. It runs great. I put it in the truck in mid december, and I now have 35k miles on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts