Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to say thanks for all the great info I've picked up from here. Second, what in particular should I look for on an '06 PSD with 34k on the clock? The deal that has it locally took it on trade (they sold it new as well), and they are going to pull an OASIS on it for me. I should have the truck on loan tonight so I can go over it methodically.

Since I've never owned a PSD what would you guys pay particular attention too?

Thx
Mark

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bismic,

Thanks for the great info.

I spent some time crawling around under the truck last night (since I had it in my garage any way. Heres what I found:

Looks like the engine may be "weeping" from the bed plate area. I'm not going to call it a leak since there wasn't even a drop on my garage floor this morning, plus I had to crawl under it with my drop light to find it. Also looks like pinion seal is leaking a little on the rear end.

I didn't see any issues with any of the fluids, and I definately want to get them to change the oil and filter, along with the fuel filters, and flush the tranny if they can't come up with the paper work to show it was done at 30k like Ford recommends.

Then engine hours are pretty low for the miles, like it spent more time on the highway then idling around town.

As best I can tell the truck is bone stock, drives straight, doesn't wander or pull either under acceleration, steady speed, or breaking.

The rest of the fluids and levels look fine, and according to the OASIS report the truck has never been in for warranty work. Build date is 3 Feb 2006 from the Kentucky plant.

Thx
Mark

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm no longer among the members that don't own a PSD! I struck a deal last night, they had the documentation to back up the oil changes and filters. This morning its heading into the service department for them to check out the pinion seal and the bed plate, as well as do the tranny service.

If I'm wrong on the bed plate and its leaking from someplace else I should have the truck tonight:woot:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.