Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
lifetime member
1,640 Posts
If the dealer says it's been through the shop and the filters and fliuds change, verify it. I was told that only to find out the salesman lied. Trans should be flushed at 30k. Definitely check for a programmer and how they the dealership feels about them. Might be helpful if you decide to use one. I asked for an extended warranty due to hearing some of the problems they have. I don't intend to use it, but the ac control module cost almost what the warranty does so I called it a safe bet. Try to get them to change the filters or at least provide you with the fuel filters so you can do it.
good post! i asked for 5 oil changes when i purchased my truck, even though i would not want to wait at the dealership. i was hoping they would give me the parts and oil to do it myself. they did. they also changed my ball joints, new greasable u-joints, and new brake pads and rotors. all free of charge. this was after i negotiated the price and started to back out of the deal. i am very happy. they wanted to sell a truck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.