Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a some trucks all have 7.3 and look to be in good shape. one is an 03 with an auto trans. and 144k on it. the others are 02 with 160k on them and one is a 5 speed the other is a auto. i just want to know what are some things to look for and what to check out on my test drives. also im really leaning to the 03 with an auto it has leather in it and is the cleanest of the 3. any help would be great thanks john

·
Registered
227 Posts
clean trucks are awesome. i had a 2000 6 speed and it was awesome. i would buy the manual trans if you think its a good deal and has been take care of

·
Super Moderator
19,744 Posts
If it is at a dealer, ask if the recalls have been done. Ask for a Carfax report. Maybe the previous owner brought it to them for service, you could ask to see the history.

Look for normal stuff like leaks, check the oil on the dip stick to see if it's clean or not (if not ask if they know when it was last changed), take it for a test drive and then drive it like ya stole it. See what it's got. When I bought mine I took it to a parking lot to see how much different from my F150 it was going to be to park. I decided I was good with it, but it was going to take some getting used to.

But...that's just me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts