Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 06 powerstroke 6.0 and have a strait pipe and a brute force intake on it, i was wondering what is the best programer to go with it, what works the best, and what i can get the most power out of??

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
SCT for sure but the tuner is up to you... I have mine tuned by DJ's right now but am wanting to try the spartan tunes soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm doin this here for my buddy, i'm new to the fords, i drive a dodge myself, but love workin on any diesel, so how do these ones with the tunes and stuff work i never messed with one, and dont quite understand it all yet??

·
Registered
559 Posts
i'm doin this here for my buddy, i'm new to the fords, i drive a dodge myself, but love workin on any diesel, so how do these ones with the tunes and stuff work i never messed with one, and dont quite understand it all yet??
when you decide what tuner you want to buy from, they'll send you the unit, you then take the unit and read the trucks strategy, once you have the strategy you give it back the guy writing the customs tunes for you, then once they're done he emails them to you and you upload them to the tuner. or you can send the tuner back to him and have them put them on the tuner, or if you can find someone that has a SCT tuner thats local, they can read your strategy for you then just give it the custom tuner and he can do it all at his shop and send the unit out with the custom tunes already on it. The way the tuner works, is you plug it into the trucks OBDII port located on the drivers side of the truck right underneath the dash, thats where you program the truck from, once it's plugged in, it's really easy to navigate

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
I must agree with all of the above... SCT with custom tunes is the only way to go for the 6.0L. It not only tunes your motor but your tranny as well. If there is such a thing as "safe power", the SCT would be just that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys for all the great info, slowly but surely i'm learning about the powerstoke, i'm readin and doin all my homework on here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts