Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my question is how do i get better mpg i get around 14 on the e-way i would love to get better It's a 99 f-250 x-cab 4x4 with a 4,inch bd ex with a cat delete pipe, airraid intake,35inch bfs all terrian tires 50 horsepower chip and someother stuff can't remember sorry any help plz

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Get a different chip and keep off the skinny peddle.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
yeah different chip. keep rpms @ 2000 or less. smaller tires. take off drive shaft to front axle. clean your air filter and replace fuel filter.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
yeah different chip. keep rpms @ 2000 or less. smaller tires. take off drive shaft to front axle. clean your air filter and replace fuel filter.
I agree, except for the part of taking off the drive line. Life is too short to drive a 2wd........:hehe:

Just kidding. However taking off the front drive line is like having a gun without any ammo. WORTHLESS !!!!!

In addition, the front drive line does not turn with the hubs un-locked.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Smaller tires, less weight on the go pedal, rpms below 2000 and boost as low as possible, get the 80 econo tune from Jody and make sure your tires are inflated properly.
Otherwise drive a Hyundai!!!
NCH

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
i bet the best mod u could do is stock sized street tires. not A/T or M/T but lame azz street tires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts