Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been in debate on what to do. i pulled the heads on my truck and found some damage

174.jpg and when i took my heads to a fellow we pulled the valves out and this is what we found. ( a bolt but having trouble uploading the pic) so needless to say im getting the heads rebuilt with all new valves seats ground and head being resurfesed. going to go with arp studs and black onxy gaskets what all should i replace? water pump? thermastat? oil pump? sensors? wanting to go with bpd oil cooler. bye the way yes im replacing the piston,rings and rod on the #8 cyclinder. can someone help with a shoping list of thing i should buy for this job ..... lets keep it resonable please :)

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Use Ford OEM gaskets w/ arp studs. Too many repeat blown gaskets with Black Onyx even when studded. There are several threads running on that very topic right now.

BPD oil cooler is a good idea, egrt delete, new stand pipes and dummy plugs, stc fitting if 05 or newer, clean/service turbo, check the wiring harness and replace if it is badly worn/frayed/chafed. thermostat is cheap and a good idea too.

Good luck.

Herman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts