Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 f250 king ranch 6.0 stock. I am trying to make it as fast as possible. What do I Need to put on it. What injectors, head studs, turbo, intake, and tuner should I bu. Money is no option!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sounds like you don't belong on this site asking these questions and rather you should go drop yer truck off at a shop and tell them money is not a problem and you want a rocket ship. :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to take it to a shop because instalation prices are crazy these days, I just want to know what to put on my truck to make it the most powerful I can, and then I'm insatlling all the stuff myself

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I have a 2004 f250 king ranch 6.0 stock. I am trying to make it as fast as possible. What do I Need to put on it. What injectors, head studs, turbo, intake, and tuner should I bu. Money is no option!!!
Buy a 6.4:hehe: tune, dpf delete. Studs, injectors, upgraded turbos ect...

But a 6.0
You going to need...
Coolant flush
Elc coolant
Oil cooler
Egr delete
Edge insight
Arp studs
Stock ford hg
Injectors
Fuel system
Compound turbo's
Built trans
The list goes on. What's your hp goals?

Cheap, fast, reliable. pick two

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
SCT tuner w tunes from one of many excellent vendors on here.. injectors and turbo really depend on does the truck need to remain streetable or not. You need to upgrade the fuel system as well not to mention studs, egr delete, etc. if money no option probably new intercooler as well. and if u want to go fast may want to look into the NOx as well

there are guys on here much better qualified than I to give you specifics. Big thing is get a number in your head you want to hit in say the 1/4 and how else you plan to use the truck

·
Registered
523 Posts
Right you want to do headstuds yourself? A two post lift will run you the labor of having someone who has one and the ceiling space for a lift in their shop tear into your engine. Sure guys on hard times can do them cab on but it doesn't pay off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I want my truck to be fast and reliable, and thanks for looking out for me, but I have a guy that can install just about anything on a ford, but I. Need help finding what companies for all this stuff, because I have no clue on what kind companies are good and which ones arent

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan on using the truck on 1/4 and the 1/2 mile

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
What is your budget, and how much horsepower are you shooting for? I can help you out once those questions are answered. :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm shooting for around 650 hp, and around 8grand without insatllation is my budget

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But more hp is always better, I want as much as possible

·
Registered
523 Posts
You're not even for real.....1/2 mile??? You friggin roundy poundin??:hehe::hehe::hehe:

READ if you want to know what "brands" to buy or install to build your rocketship.

What's your build date?

What's your pcm strategy?

TCM strategy?

Which EGR cooler design do you have?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm shooting for around 650 hp, and around 8grand without insatllation is my budget
Right..............By that point you need to dig deep into your transmission TOO!

I'll be sittin below 500 rwhp I'm in way lower than 8k, injectors and fuel system and some trans upgrades will be needed for me to go any higher

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
well sickstroke already got to it on 650hp on fuel?

225cc injectors
fuel system
built tranny
and my procharger kit
Talk to this fella, Matt knows his stuff. Get ahold of him and grab his ProCharger kit and Cutting-Edge Diesel can get you Hooke up with the rest as well. He is a great guy to deal with. :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have an egr delete, banks monster exaust, sct tuner, but I need it faster to drag, and I'm getting a new transmission, I know what all to get now, I just don't know what companies sell good stuff

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about, ill probably do what he says, ill pm you matt and let you know what I decide

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.